+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's for the busy passport offices like mississauga. For normal passport offices like London Hamilton they will entertain you even if it is more than 14 days but less than 45 days.
Is there a source which says which offices this applies to?

[The way I read the announcement is that they can/will take some each day - after having sufficient capacity to service the immediate travel applicants - which I think means those who line up early may mostly be okay. But I'm not sure.]

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
Hello, I have a question about the Passport application in the 'Relationship to the applicant' column.

Can I mention my friend or co-worker for reference and say 'Relationship to the applicant' as 'Friend' or 'Co-worker (whichever is applicable)? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Is there a source which says which offices this applies to?

[The way I read the announcement is that they can/will take some each day - after having sufficient capacity to service the immediate travel applicants - which I think means those who line up early may mostly be okay. But I'm not sure.]
Yes you are right. And since normal passport offices don't have much rush now so there high chances you will be accepted. My friend visited at 1 pm and surprisingly there was no one...

Reactions: armoured

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Received my passport last week. Finally things are moving and getting better. My friend Received too. He applied in early May. :)

Reactions: MarsiaMS

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
Received my passport last week. Finally things are moving and getting better. My friend Received too. He applied in early May. :)
Please share the timeline ( When did you apply and when did you receive and the Province)

kzaman

May 31, 2015
Any March applicant still waiting for their passport? I applied in person at service Canada office on 25th of March and still haven't received it. Called their number today and was told that it was sent for production on 29 June and it normally takes a week to 10 days for it to be courired once it goes to production. It has already been 20 days now, Lol

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Any March applicant still waiting for their passport? I applied in person at service Canada office on 25th of March and still haven't received it. Called their number today and was told that it was sent for production on 29 June and it normally takes a week to 10 days for it to be courired once it goes to production. It has already been 20 days now, Lol
21st March Applied < Except my Wife all others got, we are in constant touch with the call center, always receive the same answer, all good , but not approved Yet.

Reactions: kzaman

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
i applied on 25th march got it last week. Now they are sending out april and may passports.

Reactions: kzaman

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
Hello Guys, In the Adult passport application, I have a question on section 7 - Additional personal information - B. Occupation in last 2 years.

I am a self-employed (incorporated Independent contractor). I will mention my incorporation name in the 'Employer, School or other' column in the section. As I am a self-employed person, which of the following is the suitable option for my case.
  1. I was employed (full-or part-time)
  2. Other - e.g homemaker, unemployed or retired.
I assume self-employed may belong to other option instead of employed (full or part-time).

Any help in clarifying the above will be greatly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Guys, In the Adult passport application, I have a question on section 7 - Additional personal information - B. Occupation in last 2 years.

I am a self-employed (incorporated Independent contractor). I will mention my incorporation name in the 'Employer, School or other' column in the section. As I am a self-employed person, which of the following is the suitable option for my case.
  1. I was employed (full-or part-time)
  2. Other - e.g homemaker, unemployed or retired.
I assume self-employed may belong to other option instead of employed (full or part-time).

Any help in clarifying the above will be greatly appreciated.
Self employed is employed.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Any one has walk-in experience with Ottawa passport office? What are the in and out times? And when would we reach in the morning? Thanks