+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
Update: Picked up my passport today at the Passport office in Scarborough. I was asked to go directly to the second floor and join the queue for pick-up. The queue was not bad. It took me 15 mins to get my passport.

Timeline
Apr 11th - In-person submission at Service Canada location in Oshawa
Somewhere in July, file was transferred to Passport Office, with the help of my local MP
Jul 14th - Picked up passport

Thanks everyone!

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Update: Picked up my passport today at the Passport office in Scarborough. I was asked to go directly to the second floor and join the queue for pick-up. The queue was not bad. It took me 15 mins to get my passport.

Timeline
Apr 11th - In-person submission at Service Canada location in Oshawa
Somewhere in July, file was transferred to Passport Office, with the help of my local MP
Jul 14th - Picked up passport

Thanks everyone!
What time did you join the line-up?

twerp

Jun 23, 2022
For those applying in Calgary;
Jun 29- went into the Sundance office at noon, in and out within an hour. Had proof of travel but was not asked to show it
Jul 13- Passport arrived by mail

Reactions: Pearly000

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
For those applying in Calgary;
Jun 29- went into the Sundance office at noon, in and out within an hour. Had proof of travel but was not asked to show it
Jul 13- Passport arrived by mail
What time did you go at ? And did you have an appointment or just walk in ? When was your flight ?
Thanks

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
Submitted my application in person at the Millwoods location in Edmonton since May 19th and nothing yet. I was told it would be received by June 24th at latest and here we are on July 14th and still nothing. I have requested with the webform for my status twice within the last three weeks with still no update. Anyone facing the same issues from Edmonton?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Are kids needs to be present for walk-in at passport office or one single parent is sufficient for the entire family? Thanks

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Has anyone applied for passport recently (in-person) in the GTA under the new triage protocol established for the GTA? My understanding of the press releases from Service Canada is that applicants with more than 48 hours travel date would be directed to a nearby Service Canada office (which is as good as submitting a mail-in application). My worry is that I prowled the internet to secure an appointment for next week (my travel date of August 15) and it will all be for nothing if I will end up being served by regular Service Canada and not the Passport section.

Please kindly share your experience and suggestions.

Thanks.

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Has anyone applied for passport recently (in-person) in the GTA under the new triage protocol established for the GTA? My understanding of the press releases from Service Canada is that applicants with more than 48 hours travel date would be directed to a nearby Service Canada office (which is as good as submitting a mail-in application). My worry is that I prowled the internet to secure an appointment for next week (my travel date of August 15) and it will all be for nothing if I will end up being served by regular Service Canada and not the Passport section.

Please kindly share your experience and suggestions.

Thanks.
Yours is under 45 business days your good to go with your appointment. On there website it says we'll make arrangements for people with LONGER TERM travel plans which is more then 45 business days. Hope that answers your query

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Yours is under 45 business days your good to go with your appointment. On there website it says we'll make arrangements for people with LONGER TERM travel plans which is more then 45 business days. Hope that answers your query
Thank you for your response, appreciate it. However, their website says "We’ll prioritize those who need a passport within 48 hours. We’ll make arrangements for people with longer term travel plans to be served at other locations". My understanding of that sentence is that those with longer travel plan than the 48 hours will be served at other locations. Perhaps, I'm wrong. Hence, why I am asking for actual experiences.

Thanks once again.

Reactions: CanEuro

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Thank you for your response, appreciate it. However, their website says "We’ll prioritize those who need a passport within 48 hours. We’ll make arrangements for people with longer term travel plans to be served at other locations". My understanding of that sentence is that those with longer travel plan than the 48 hours will be served at other locations. Perhaps, I'm wrong. Hence, why I am asking for actual experiences.

Thanks once again.
If you already have an appointment, you're good as long as you are under 45 days before travel. You won't get sent elsewhere.

Reactions: canadian.2014