Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
no appointment just a walk-in, very few people in my location
May I know when did you apply and when did you recieve the passport ?

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Picked up passport today from Kitchener .

1.Applied in person at service Canada April 29
2.Mail out day was June 7
3.Called June 7 and was told not to expect it until July mid month
4. Called June 20 and asked for a transfer to Kitchener office due to
Upcoming travels, but did not get called back for a few days, then had a death in the family on June 22nd and needed to travel by Saturday June 25
5. Stood in line at Kitchener from 4am on June 23rd , and picked up passport today June 24th.

Good luck to you all !

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Anyone received passport in the last couple of weeks who applied for new passport in person at Service Canada in April of this year?

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Applied in April for a new passport and nothing yet.
The references or guarantors have not even been contacted yet.
Does that imply the application hasn’t even been started or looked at.
Thanks

RocketReach

May 31, 2021
Had an in-person appointment at the downtown Toronto location on June 20 at 3:30pm. Spoke with the guard downstairs and went up. In and out in 15 minutes. I had travel scheduled for over a week later but I was still in the 2-9 business day window, so I had to do express processing for an additional $50. They said I could pick up on June 22 at 10am. That was well in advance of when I needed it but I just said okay. Pretty quick turnaround because the passport was printed on June 21. I know there is a lot of debate on whether urgent processing leads to guarantors and references being called but they called none of mine.

Chapter closed on citizenship and passport. I started this journey on June 1, 2021 with my citizenship application so finished in 1 year and 3 weeks. Now I have to update NEXUS.

Reactions: Jakev and sharp1

Magneto241506

Jun 11, 2022
My Timeline:

Applied: March 22 (Service Canada)
Mail out date: April 09
Received passport: June 22

Just send an email enquiry once. Never contacted them after that.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Picked up passport today from Kitchener .

1.Applied in person at service Canada April 29
2.Mail out day was June 7
3.Called June 7 and was told not to expect it until July mid month
4. Called June 20 and asked for a transfer to Kitchener office due to
Upcoming travels, but did not get called back for a few days, then had a death in the family on June 22nd and needed to travel by Saturday June 25
5. Stood in line at Kitchener from 4am on June 23rd , and picked up passport today June 24th.

Good luck to you all !
How did you call them? I am trying but never reached an agent in last 2 months. ?

thecentury303

Feb 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who plan to travel by a car, how do you provide proof of travel? Someone mentioned a self declaration form but I couldn't manage to figure out what it exactly is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Applied in April for a new passport and nothing yet.
The references or guarantors have not even been contacted yet.
Does that imply the application hasn’t even been started or looked at.
Thanks
I applied in April but from the UK, been 10 weeks and no news yet. I understand that if people stand in a queue they can get there's quicker HOWEVER for those that have now been waiting 8/9/10 weeks+ surely they should be made as a priority having waited patiently on the side lines but it appears that with the constant queues at the relevant passport/service centres....their requests are reaching the top of the pile and the rest are simply left to sit and wait.
An unacceptable way of doing things and I'd understand if we hadn't have been reasonable from a waiting timeframe but it's an absolute joke!
No way of tracking from outside of Canada also and again another unbelievable flaw in the whole process, give me something that I can log onto even if it says it's still at stage 1 or 2 or the process....however long the process may be.

• Sad
Reactions: Jakev and SShehata

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I called agent on Friday and she told me that even though the applications are submitted in person at Service Canada location they are still considered "mailed-in" since they send those applications to the processing centers by mail.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I called agent on Friday and she told me that even though the applications are submitted in person at Service Canada location they are still considered "mailed-in" since they send those applications to the processing centers by mail.
Thats really pathetic in my opinion! :(

Reactions: BenLinus6

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
For those who plan to travel by a car, how do you provide proof of travel? Someone mentioned a self declaration form but I couldn't manage to figure out what it exactly is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Just write it on a piece of paper- that's all

ReyZar

Jan 5, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
I found an appointment yesterday around 4 pm for today, it seemed some people canceled and I was able to get a 9:30 am appointment today in downtown Toronto. Took about 15 minutes, but they were really nice, didn't need to leave my original citizenship certificate (although the website said I will need to). btw - the walk-in line outside was long and according to the security person (to someone who just arrived), the waiting time around 9:30 am was 2.5-3 hours. I refreshed the appointment scheduling a few times a day but was lucky only yesterday and it's random. Now let's see how long it'll take for the passport to arrive in the mail

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
I am applicant for my one month old son, I am planning to go in person- walkin. Does he needs to present/accompany?