+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
any recent experiences of Appointment at the Passport Office ? How early do you recommend I go prior to the appointment? how long does it take?

RS5

Jun 2, 2022
Other forums like OCI have this discussion.

As long as the country allows you to board without an entry stamp in Canadian passport (if you obtained a new passport outside Canada) or without status in Canada in case if you are using home country passport (No PR card as it was nullified and destroyed and illegal to use for travel after obtaining citizenship).

it may vary from country to county rules they have, but every country will have similar rules. so if your exit (do more research) is easy go then you can try, otherwise you will be asked to go back to the foreign office or local passport office for clearance (at least Indans who faced this when they travelled back to India with Indian passport and airport passport control refused emigration i.e exit)

Leaving Canada is equally important as returning to Canada.
Thank You, will try to learn more, mine is an Indian Passport.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Finally (Regular processing)
In person submission: April 11
Mail out date: June 15
Got the tracking number, item accepted at Mississauga
How do you track your application please. I have a tracking number but it tells me to submit a webform?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
any recent experiences of Appointment at the Passport Office ? How early do you recommend I go prior to the appointment? how long does it take?
At least at the North York passport office, only from my own experience - I believe an appointment basically lets you jump the big 'main' first line-up/reception, and takes you straight to the 'processing room' (where you're given a number and might wait 15-30 minutes before seeing an agent). They did ask me what time my appointment was but being 10 minutes early only mean I got a number that much earlier.

(My situation might have been different - I did the main line-up and then in the processing room they didn't like one of my doc translations, but gave me an appointment a few days later)

Reactions: mukicookie

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
@armoured thanks - glad to hear they take you straight to processing room. Did they ask questions about the need for travel ? or they just look at your itinerary/ticket and approve?

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Congrats!! Which service canada location did you apply at?
nearest to my place in toronto
How do you track your application please. I have a tracking number but it tells me to submit a webform?
they gave me a canada post tracking number
Can you share the number please
I just called into the regular passport office thats posted on their website. You just need to have patience to get a hold off of them

Reactions: 3bdullahibra

3bdullahibra

Jul 26, 2018
nearest to my place in toronto

they gave me a canada post tracking number

I just called into the regular passport office thats posted on their website. You just need to have patience to get a hold off of them
I applied to the one in Gerrard Square in Toronto on April 7 and still nothing. Hopefully something comes soon!

Reactions: sk000

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Suggestions for Dual nationals who have travel and have another passport(on which u can travel wherever you going)

if you got oath done and have the certificate, and need travel and have another passport, simply travel…on that other ppt…
Once at destination you can apply for canadian passport at nearest cdn embassy which offers passport services….its faster!!
Ofcourse you need to gather docs, get photos done(or get em done in canada and take em as they’re good fir 6 months) and ensure you keep a copy of certificate with u before mailing it out to the office/embassy etc……but its feasible only if urgently traveling and u have flexibility with your other passport/nationality

We just renewed my son’s passport at Cdn Embassy, Islamabad(Pakistan)
It took around 3 weeks total, non-urgent application….from submission to received new ppt and birth certificate back.(plus prev ppt)

If circumstances allow and traveling, you can leave canada and then get ppt at cdn embassy abroad and then return to canada. Ofcourse check if your country of other nationality/passport has no issues to do this. Ofcourse u need to stay there until u get the ppt/certificate before return to canada….

Reactions: Idilia555

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,
In the passport application we have to list all the jobs and addresses we had in the past 2 years . What if someone lived outside canada fo they list that address too ? I had a lot of jobs and addresses during their past 2 years and I can’t remember everything and all the dates. Is that going to be a problem ?
Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
In the passport application we have to list all the jobs and addresses we had in the past 2 years . What if someone lived outside canada fo they list that address too ? I had a lot of jobs and addresses during their past 2 years and I can’t remember everything and all the dates. Is that going to be a problem ?
Thank you
Yes, you're expected to find those addresses. It's only two years.