+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

RS5

Jun 2, 2022
Hi,

Can we travel on current passport after oath ceremony?
between the application for passport and actual delivery ofCanadian passport ?
Work related travel which cannot wait ? Or even apply for passport in other Countries with the local Canadian embassy ?

Magneto241506

Jun 11, 2022
Hi,

Applied for child passport on March 22, 2022 at Service Canada. As of now i did not receive it. Is anyone in the same situation. If so, did you get any response or an estimate.
Requested for Status update the response i got was "We have received your passport application that was forwarded to us by a Receiving Agent. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify the identity of the applicant as the requested information has not yet been entered into our system."

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. I haven't received it yet. I applied on March 11th and was supposed to receive it by April 19th. I haven't called them yet. I'll probably wait for one more month and if I don't receive it by then, I'll give them a call.

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need to travel on 12th July to US. Got appointment at North York PO for 11th July noon. Should I wait till then or show up as walk-in 10 business days before my trip?

Not sure if they could give me passport as my flight is early morning on 12th.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi,

Can we travel on current passport after oath ceremony?
between the application for passport and actual delivery ofCanadian passport ?
Work related travel which cannot wait ? Or even apply for passport in other Countries with the local Canadian embassy ?
Other forums like OCI have this discussion.

As long as the country allows you to board without an entry stamp in Canadian passport (if you obtained a new passport outside Canada) or without status in Canada in case if you are using home country passport (No PR card as it was nullified and destroyed and illegal to use for travel after obtaining citizenship).

it may vary from country to county rules they have, but every country will have similar rules. so if your exit (do more research) is easy go then you can try, otherwise you will be asked to go back to the foreign office or local passport office for clearance (at least Indans who faced this when they travelled back to India with Indian passport and airport passport control refused emigration i.e exit)

Leaving Canada is equally important as returning to Canada.

idoit

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Included
IELTS Request
27-04-2013
LANDED..........
27-08-2009
Anyone knows wait time for Halifax office?

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Lines at north york were if anything even longer and more packed - at 10 am they were pretty much telling people arriving not a chance of submitting today (at passport office, not the service canada desk). Also heard some people saying arriving before 7 pretty important.
Can you elaborate on the "even longer and more packed" statement? Not sure if you had posted you applied in another office, but I sense it is brutal at this location, which I'm going to visit the moment I get my Certificate of Citizenship. I'm planning to get there by 7am with a flight reservation in hand to get urgent processing started.

Reactions: MrTee

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have a trip on the 24th and last week I managed to connect with the passport office call centre (june 9) and he transfered my file to a passport office near me and told me they will contact me. Today is June 15 and they still haven’t. Is that normal?

LNGHYNH

Jun 13, 2022
Hi Guys,
I have a trip on the 24th and last week I managed to connect with the passport office call centre (june 9) and he transfered my file to a passport office near me and told me they will contact me. Today is June 15 and they still haven’t. Is that normal?
I'm traveling the June 24 as well and also called to have my son's application transferred on June 9th. I'm also still waiting on a call. They told me that I should expect a call by June 20 or 21.

Reactions: abcvita2012

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can you elaborate on the "even longer and more packed" statement? Not sure if you had posted you applied in another office, but I sense it is brutal at this location, which I'm going to visit the moment I get my Certificate of Citizenship.
I was comparing to my visit to same location when I did the in-person application a few weeks before. Perhaps I got lucky or perhaps more people applying now, just that the lines were (comparatively) longer.

If you go to the North York one, from my experiences and chatting with a few others, getting there by eg 6.30 am means you have a good chance of being out within an hour/1.5 hrs or so of them opening at 8.30. Lines notably longer by 7 (probably still manageable).

Good luck.

Reactions: bimmerm3m5