+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Kyru

Jun 18, 2014
Received my passport today. 12 weeks to be exact from the day of application in person at Canada Service. Ottawa
Applied Citizenship: January 2020
Took Oath: November 2021
Now signing off from this Forum.
Thank you and Goodluck everyone.
All glory to God.

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
When I applied in person, the first thing they asked for is a travel plan/flight ticket, I showed them the flight ticket, and after reviewing the ticket they processed my application.

The person processing my application said it will be mailed out on June 9th and that's what I have on the receipt.
@AhsanK Did they ask for purpose of visit?

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Any recent experiences with Vancouver/Surrey Passport offices? How are the walk - in wait times like?
If i have a booked bus ticket, do they ask for proof of need to travel e.g. emergency?

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Hi all i have appointmnet for the passport in the offfice do I need to wait in line rest of the people that are walk ins? Thx

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp?po=1#table1caption

click on the last line that says

for each location to see wait time.

for example:

Current wait time for Calgary (estimate)
To help you plan your visit, the wait time for the passport office is published below.

Wait times:

• are estimated wait times
  • are updated three times every business day, at 9:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. (local time)
Before you visit an office, please confirm its hours of service and address by clicking on its link below. Note: Some offices do not offer urgent pick-up service.

4 hours, 15 minutes

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Went back with appointment after waiting in line last week and the agent deciding didn't like the birth certificate translation. With appointment was in and out in bit less than an hour, passport for pickup in two weeks. Overall painless.

Mind, it was a very busy day at the North YOrk passport office and long, long lines. Clear at 11 am they weren't going to get through all (acc to the commissionaires).
Picked up our passport today, on exactly the day it was promised. A bit of waiting (< an hour) but happy we picked up instead of worrying about mail as travel before long.

Lines at north york were if anything even longer and more packed - at 10 am they were pretty much telling people arriving not a chance of submitting today (at passport office, not the service canada desk). Also heard some people saying arriving before 7 pretty important.

So if they're working on the backlog, looks like there's still a lot more needing passports yet.

I'd have way preferred to have had the time to apply by mail.

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
Received my passport today. 12 weeks to be exact from the day of application in person at Canada Service. Ottawa
All glory to God.
Congratulations...!! Do you have the date on which you applied and the Mail out / ETA given to you at the time of application ? Thanks

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
We just got our passports. We applied 21 March at a Service Canada centre. End of the journey for me. Good luck everyone still waiting: it's coming!
Current processing time is 3 month ( 12 weeks) , You may get it in two weeks. Please post it here when you get it, so that all knows the timeline.

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
I applied in person on April 6th, and since then no update. I can see a lot of people applied during March / April still awaiting. My mail out was May 7th, ETA was on May 12th. Is there any point in calling and checking the status ? to understand if that makes any difference.

Anne_B

May 23, 2022
All glory to God.
Congrats!
Did you have travel plans?
Or is this a timeline for a person with no travel plans?

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Any recent experiences with Vancouver/Surrey Passport offices? How are the walk - in wait times like?
If i have a booked bus ticket, do they ask for proof of need to travel e.g. emergency?
Applied via appointment at Service Canada West Broadway (the least busiest office) as I am not desperate to get a passport, but yes, they will ask for a travel proof if you need your passport sooner. Seen it somewhere on the forum that bus ticket was okay...:rolleyes: