PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
how can we transfer a file to the closest passport office?
I applied by mail for my son passport
my CC was charged on 14th April
our travel dates are 25th June.
can anyone suggest me what to do in this situation?

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
After calling for 50 times in Morning non stop I was thankfully get an agent.

What she said is my passport is in processing step and there is no way I will get it in 2 weeks before my travel. The only way is to transfer it to a passport office.

But she said I can only do it 10 business day before travel and also there is no guarantee of me if I will be able to get my passport on time.

So I will have to call again 10 business day before and talk to an agent.

Wish me luck guys as I am confused what will happen. It's been 50+ weeks for me , yet they can't give me my passport.

I have applied in Person for new adult passport on March 23 and I still haven't got it.

I have been asking for status update in April 24, emailed in their email address. Nothing. No reply.

And I started calling morning today no one even connects. I have a travel planned in June 25th.

I am worried what will I do?

I submitted it in Service Canada , should I go to that office? Or should I go to the 35 specialized office with proof of Travel.

I can't concentrate in anything else as this can hamper my whole travel.

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
my timeline and responses are exactly the same like yours.
i contacted with my local MP too and received the same response.
I contacted my MP last week and they reached out to the passport office. Got the same canned response.

• Sad
Reactions: sk000

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
I contacted my MP last week and they reached out to the passport office. Got the same canned response.
Just received a call from the passport service. It's ready for print services. Finally!!!!!
They gave me the option to pick-up or mail out. I have chosen mail out. For pick-up I'll need to show proof of travel within next 10 days!

Last edited:

Canvisaprash

Jun 8, 2022
Experience - 08June2022
Mississauga Passport Office
377 Burnhamthorpe Rd E

- Got in line at 3am this morning. 19 People ahead of me.

- First person in line arrived at 10pm on 07June2022

- Couple of people paid someone to stand for them in the line (~45$/hour)

- By 6am the line up was till McDonalds. Do not bother to come past 6am (current conditions only) as they only distribute ~140 tokens each day.

- Tokens (Golden Ticket ) were distributed at 8am. This office only accepts people who have travel confirmation anywhere between 1 to 45 business days. People who have already submitted their application to Service Canada (by mail/in person) and have urgent travel needs (must be within 7 days) can also get their passport at this location with proof of travel.

- Got inside at 8:30am (First batch of ~25 people). Good segregation of people with urgent travel needs and people with travel after 3-5 business days.

- First counter is for Docs Check (Reached 1st Counter at 845am) Asked to wait at Second Counter area with Token Number. (called at the Second Counter at 9am). Checked docs again (was asked, "at what time did you arrive today?"), docs scanned by clerk, paid fees ($180 total). Option to pickup ($20) or mail by Canadapost (upto 14 business days mailing time). Option Chosen - Pickup. Was out of the office at 915am.

- Overall: Apart from standing up early in line, everything else was smooth.

- Passport will be ready for pickup on 22June2022

Tips: Plan well, brings chair(s), blankets, no washroom till 6am (McD opens at 6am). Staff is friendly if you are friendly.

Last edited:

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
Just received a call from the passport service. It's ready for print services. Finally!!!!!
They gave me the option to pick-up or mail out. I have chosen mail out. For pick-up I'll need to show proof of travel within next 10 days!
Wow, congrats!!! I am happy for you. I think it helped that you talked to your MP.

Reactions: sk000

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Thanks for this!
But did they actually help? what was the outcome of talking to them?

I will definitely try this!

in the thread they mentioned how to reach them.

1) Dial
2) Option 1 for English
3)For general information on how to apply (The bazaarvoice)< Hung up and dial again

1) Dial
2) Option 1 for English
3) If you are in Canada < you are on the track to stay there, it took 1 hr 26 minutes yesterday for my wife to speak to someone after we got on this line. There may be a long queue 187 calls ahead of you, 290 calls ahead of you, put on a speaker (hands free), and do your work, keep an eye. stay close when it says you have 5 or less calls a head, you will be next in less than 10 minutes from there.

wish you good luck

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Thanks for this!
But did they actually help? what was the outcome of talking to them?

I will definitely try this!
No outcome .

Unless you would like to request a file transfer< yes it is useful

unless you have " kind of tension / worried to know the status"< yes they will say what's the current status (Not reviewed at, In process, Awaiting info, Printing, No file found, No decision made yet, Mailed out ,something they will hint out.)

Basically you should have a reason , why am i calling ?, not what would be the outcome. very useful for file transfer (few had bad experience with that too).

or Sit relaxed and enjoy the weather , it will come when it's time to come.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Question for GTA/Toronto people here who have waited in line to apply for a passport recently, what time did you arrive and which location did you go to?

I'm doing my oath on Tuesday next week and have travel booked for the long weekend. Trying to figure out the best way to get a passport asap after the oath.

Reactions: natashagils

natashagils

Apr 4, 2022
Question for GTA/Toronto people here who have waited in line to apply for a passport recently, what time did you arrive and which location did you go to?

I'm doing my oath on Tuesday next week and have travel booked for the long weekend. Trying to figure out the best way to get a passport asap after the oath.
I just spent the last few hours at the Hamilton office. Was in line at 6:20, about 30 people ahead of me.
Was inside at 10, and my application was processed at 12. I'll pick up the passport on Monday.

Reactions: evdm

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi Did it come by a regular mail?Im happy for you
it should be ExpressPost envelope prepaid national post < 2 days Delivery ( i got same 4 years back for my daughter and last week for us), so i see the same envelope eevrytime for passports.

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
Hi All,

I applied in-person for passport in Victoria, BC, I was given the date of June 9th for mail out date with a delivery date any day during the week of June 13th.
I submitted a request for passport application status yesterday (June 8th), not sure if I will hear about the application status (as per the application portal it takes 2 to 3 business days to reply to such a request).
I wonder if anyone here applied in person and was given a mail-out date and the passport was delivered on time? or if they encountered delayed delivery?
I am flying out of the country on June 15th so I need the passport delivered on June 13th or 14th.

Thank you in advance.