+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Parent can apply of course. I applied for my wife and my son. No issues. Just take ID card for the other parent and birth certificate for the child(and your ID as well) and other necessary documents for applying passport.
Take your marriage certificate and then your COPR(for all applicable family members).
Some officers are ok with seeing marriage certificate to establish family relationship but my officer asked for copr for all of us(my son was also landed immigrant but not sure if it will apply to your case).
Good morning. Thank you so much for your reply. I highly appreciate it. You gave me a great idea about the papers. I booked appointment like 2 hours drive from Toronto. So I will take all the papers as you guided me!! What other documents/ papers I need to carry with me? Can you please give me a whole list? Thank you so much again!!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Good morning. Thank you so much for your reply. I highly appreciate it. You gave me a great idea about the papers. I booked appointment like 2 hours drive from Toronto. So I will take all the papers as you guided me!! What other documents/ papers I need to carry with me? Can you please give me a whole list? Thank you so much again!!
Child: Long-form birth certificate.
Parents: Local ID or passport for both. Marriage certificate and COPR(if applicable).

Lets wait for others to weigh in if they have asked any other documents for the child born in Canada.

Reactions: ttttt

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Windsor Ontario Passport office: Submitted the application on 26th May for my wife and son.
Mail out date to US 09-Jun-2022.
As I am US resident, they charged for US rates. I was asking if i can pick the passports but officer wanted everyone to come and pick the passports since its international crossing hence officer said she would mail out and she said it would be fedex hence it will be quick.

Received passport for my wife. I was expecting the mail early but not this early.
Will wait for this week to see if passport comes for my son. I was asked to fax copr for all of us to prove the family relationship for my son's application which i sent on same day but not sure if this is received and delay is due to it. Will see.

Lesson: Its wild varied processing times across offices. People are waiting too many hours standing in line and thousands are doing the same in big cities but still passport offices are not sharing the load. Very bad that they send passport without requesting to deliver in 3-5 days but they send passport for some early and for some very late even though they too have travel date mentioned.
Today receiving my son's passport. Fedex sent me notification message for a mail from Mississauga. Since its a mail out to US, its a fedex shipment from passport office.

Reactions: ttttt

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Child: Long-form birth certificate.
Parents: Local ID or passport for both. Marriage certificate and COPR(if applicable).

Lets wait for others to weigh in if they have asked any other documents for the child born in Canada.
Thank you for your reply again. Appreciate it!

Sheno1986

Feb 15, 2022
Hello,

Anyone can share the experience with in Person experience with Hamilton or Saint Catherine offices? when i should be there how long it takes?

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Today was my mail out date (submitted april
29)
Called them and after 252 tries I got in line with 173 people ahead of me .
I waited 60 mins to speak to speak to an agent .
My passport is in examination and every looks good. By their estimate I should now receive it by first week in July because of the backlogs … the standard is now 45 business days for in person submitted to service Canada and not the 20

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
I have applied in Person for new adult passport on March 23 and I still haven't got it.

I have been asking for status update in April 24, emailed in their email address. Nothing. No reply.

And I started calling morning today no one even connects. I have a travel planned in June 25th.

I am worried what will I do?

I submitted it in Service Canada , should I go to that office? Or should I go to the 35 specialized office with proof of Travel.

I can't concentrate in anything else as this can hamper my whole travel.

Teebanks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/12/2014
File Transfer...
03/03/2015
Med's Request
26/01/2017
Med's Done....
03/02/2017
Interview........
14/12/2016
Passport Req..
16/05/2017
VISA ISSUED...
30/05/2017
LANDED..........
22/06/2017
My wife and I applied for the passport at a Service Canada in Milton on March 17, 2022.

On the 3rd of May 2022, I called the passport line to request for a transfer to the Kitchener office due to a trip to the US on the 17th of May. I got a call from the Kitchener office on May 6 and was told to come for passport collection on May 13 after 2pm (I was only charged $20 for pick up).

My wife got her passport delivered today (June 7, 2022)

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hey , so the 10 days is 10 business days ?
such a hectic process.
I wonder if you could have walked in without requesting the transfer after they told you your file was not in the system .
yeah 10 Business days. They still have reference using file number thats why they give priority. Just that the file itself is not uploaded into their cloud I believe.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I have applied in Person for new adult passport on March 23 and I still haven't got it.

I have been asking for status update in April 24, emailed in their email address. Nothing. No reply.

And I started calling morning today no one even connects. I have a travel planned in June 25th.

I am worried what will I do?

I submitted it in Service Canada , should I go to that office? Or should I go to the 35 specialized office with proof of Travel.

I can't concentrate in anything else as this can hamper my whole travel.
Please follow this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-in-person-timeline.748892/post-10109200

or older threads, people here would have gone through you situation and have posted things.

Kyru

Jun 18, 2014
Applied in person on March 21. Mail out date, April 20. Heared nothing since then. I called Passport Canada yesterday(First try since applied). I was told that my application has been approved and my passport will be mailed today. Hoping to receive it next week max.

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
Applied in person at Service Canada, Oshawa location on Apr 11th ( Regular processing, no travel dates)
Expected mail-out date - May 11th
Called yesterday. Response - Your file is still under examination. ETA none.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Applied in person at Service Canada, Oshawa location on Apr 11th ( Regular processing, no travel dates)
Expected mail-out date - May 11th
Called yesterday. Response - Your file is still under examination. ETA none.
my timeline and responses are exactly the same like yours.
i contacted with my local MP too and received the same response.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Passport Timeline (regular application/non-urgent):

- March 11, 2021: Applied in person at a Service Canada Centre in Calgary.
- Apr 8, 2021: Mail-out date according to the application receipt.
- Apr 19, 2021: Estimated delivery date.
- Jun 1, 2021: Real mail-out date (posted in Mississauga, ON).
- June 7, 2021: Real delivery date. I picked it up in the post office (there was a notice in my mailbox telling me to go there and pick it up).

Notes:
- The package has a tracking number where you can see all the steps online. Unfortunately, this number was not provided to me (I got the number from the package after receiving it).
- I've never called them to check the status of my application.