+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Just curious. Have you received your passport. I applied on March 24th and nothing yet too
No. I haven't received it yet. I applied on March 11th and was supposed to receive it by April 19th. I haven't called them yet. I'll probably wait for one more month and if I don't receive it by then, I'll give them a call.

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Have you got any updates on your passport? I've got nothing so far.
Still waiting. It will be 2 months on Sunday since I applied in Service Canada on March 15th. So frustrating!
If I've known, I should have booked a ticket to somewhere and use that for urgent application. I needed a vacation anyway. I can't wait for this to be over!

calvanize

Apr 26, 2016
No. I haven't received it yet. I applied on March 11th and was supposed to receive it by April 19th. I haven't called them yet. I'll probably wait for one more month and if I don't receive it by then, I'll give them a call.
Thanks for the response. its waiting game then. I also applied in service canada office in calgary. Hopefully you receive yours soon. I went to the Passport office (at downdown) today to see if I could expedite mine since my travel date is in about 17 business days. I was told to come back if I don't receive my passport within 4 business days of travel

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Thanks for the response. its waiting game then. I also applied in service canada office in calgary. Hopefully you receive yours soon. I went to the Passport office (at downdown) today to see if I could expedite mine since my travel date is in about 17 business days. I was told to come back if I don't receive my passport within 4 business days of travel
This waiting is frustrating. Based on all the comments I've read so far, it's unlikely you will get your passport in time and will have to go back there and make an urgent request. The bad thing is that you will need to cancel your old application and pay it again for a new application. Someone I know did the same thing and had to pay $160 again.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Couple of queries related to ticket booked for US:

1. Those who booked Economy-Comfort ticket with Air Canada - till what time can we cancel these tickets with full refund?
2. Once application is submitted after showing ticket, is there possibility that Passport Officer validates the booking before processing application, that it is not cancelled? I booked last night. I can cancel ticket within 24 hours (although I think we can cancel Economy-Comfort ticket with full refund even after that), so I was planning to cancel once application is submitted.

We do have an emergency travel in few days, however those tickets will be non-refundable hence we will book them once we get date for passport collection.

congp

Oct 19, 2016
I'm planning to go to Service Canada tomorrow to apply for a passport for my newborn and I. We have a flight booked for end of May. Do I have to bring my baby with me or can I go by myself to submit the applications for both of us? Thanks!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I'm planning to go to Service Canada tomorrow to apply for a passport for my newborn and I. We have a flight booked for end of May. Do I have to bring my baby with me or can I go by myself to submit the applications for both of us? Thanks!
You can apply. No need to take the baby.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
No need for the baby the parent who is applying can go alone with original birth certificate and your own ID like DL. or PR card

Reactions: harirajmohan

calvanize

Apr 26, 2016
This waiting is frustrating. Based on all the comments I've read so far, it's unlikely you will get your passport in time and will have to go back there and make an urgent request. The bad thing is that you will need to cancel your old application and pay it again for a new application. Someone I know did the same thing and had to pay $160 again.
Woow. This shouldn't be cos its a family application of 3. I can't pay another almost $500 for it. Do you know if they do refund you of the cancelled application?

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Woow. This shouldn't be cos its a family application of 3. I can't pay another almost $500 for it. Do you know if they do refund you of the cancelled application?
I don't think they will refund you. This person that I know didn't get a refund, but since he had to travel in two days, he didn't care and just paid to get the process done. But check with them, maybe there are other options.

Reactions: Lanina

calvanize

Apr 26, 2016
I don't think they will refund you. This person that I know didn't get a refund, but since he had to travel in two days, he didn't care and just paid to get the process done. But check with them, maybe there are other options.
Thanks for response.. hopefully It doesn't get to that