+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Submitted In person application on April 7th to Service Canada.
Supposed to be mail out day yesterday

Today got into call around 8.38am EST and 155 people ahead of me. Call gets connected after 48 minutes.
So they haven't really processed the application, it is still In progress. My travel date is next month. The representative advised to call 10 days prior to travel date so they can transfer file to local passport office and then $45 fee plus urgent processing fee.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Anyone who applied for passport in April at Service Canada locations has any updates? I tried calling in but the chances of getting a agent on phone is worse than winning the lotto max

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Anyone who applied for passport in April at Service Canada locations has any updates? I tried calling in but the chances of getting a agent on phone is worse than winning the lotto max
Called them yesterday. Told me that application is "in process". My passport shoule be mailed out within next 10 to 15 business days. However he was not confident about that 100%. He told me to call them back again within next 10 business days to follow up.

BashO

Apr 20, 2021
Called them yesterday. Told me that application is "in process". My passport shoule be mailed out within next 10 to 15 business days. However he was not confident about that 100%. He told me to call them back again within next 10 business days to follow up.
When did you apply ?
I submitted my application on Mar 21 at Richmond Hill, nothing yet.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
When did you apply ?
I submitted my application on Mar 21 at Richmond Hill, nothing yet.
We all are waiting, my mail out was 29th April, nothing yet... I asked for status via web form no response radio silence!

• Wow
Reactions: nc_positiveguy

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
We all are waiting, my mail out was 29th April, nothing yet... I asked for status via web form no response radio silence!
I guess we are all in the same boat. I submitted mine at SC - North York on 19th April.

Mail out date is 17th May and ETA is 25th May. Reading all of the comments here paints a bleak picture but I will still keep my faith!

Cheers,
NC

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
Applied on Apr 11th at Service Canada in Oshawa. The expected mail out date is tomorrow. I called them today and they said it may take another one month for processing :(

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
That's a Surprise , My son DOB original received by speed post (I know the envelope , it's a passport Canada envelope) . My wife went to sign and get it from the Post office nearby. Hope the Passports should be here soon. :)

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Applied on Apr 11th at Service Canada in Oshawa. The expected mail out date is tomorrow. I called them today and they said it may take another one month for processing :(
Yes they have significant delays and it could take up to 2 to 3 months from the date of application. My Mail out was April 20th. I saw people who applied before me, still waiting just like me till the date.

If you have any of the 2 situations below, you can ask for file transfer.

A) You have urgent travel plan (any dates should work if it is in 1 or 2 months from now, you need to tell them you need passport to obtain VISA for other country)

B) You are too worried ( as some do Including me), buy a one way ticket with full refund on cancellation ( you need to choose flex or above). Newyork you may get within 300 dollars .

Both scenarios request transfer, pay whatever they ask for, get the passport and move on to the next task in your life.

If nothing urgent and not interested in File transfer, leave it for few weeks and check back after 4 or 6 weeks, if you don't see anything in your Mailbox. (Usually you should get a pick up request paper from Canada post).

I did everything i could to do the file Transfer Including the ticket , then my wife just refused to pay the 45 dollars they asked. so we are going with the normal process. Luckily we got my son DOB original today . it's a sign that the passport might have been approved. As of Friday it was not even Approved nor reviewed. Document (DOB) mail out date showing yesterday and got it today.

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yes they have significant delays and it could take up to 2 to 3 months from the date of application. My Mail out was April 20th. I saw people who applied before me, still waiting just like me till the date.

If you have any of the 2 situations below, you can ask for file transfer.

A) You have urgent travel plan (any dates should work if it is in 1 or 2 months from now, you need to tell them you need passport to obtain VISA for other country)

B) You are too worried ( as some do Including me), buy a one way ticket with full refund on cancellation ( you need to choose flex or above). Newyork you may get within 300 dollars .

Both scenarios request transfer, pay whatever they ask for, get the passport and move on to the next task in your life.

If nothing urgent and not interested in File transfer, leave it for few weeks and check back after 4 or 6 weeks, if you don't see anything in your Mailbox. (Usually you should get a pick up request paper from Canada post).

I did everything i could to do the file Transfer Including the ticket , then my wife just refused to pay the 45 dollars they asked. so we are going with the normal process. Luckily we got my son DOB original today . it's a sign that the passport might have been approved. As of Friday it was not even Approved nor reviewed. Document (DOB) mail out date showing yesterday and got it today.
Status as of Friday was per a SC phone agent or is there an actual tool to track progress of application?

Ed1983

Nov 14, 2020
I booked an in person appointment for May 5 back in April in Edmonton. Went to my appointment on May 5 in the afternoon, process was a bit slow. Took me just over 2 hours to get served, family of 4 application. Today I received my passport but not the other 3. Is this normal that 4 applications handed in same day and time but only 1 passport mailed out. Thank you….

Yettyadefaye

Aug 27, 2017
I booked an in person appointment for May 5 back in April in Edmonton. Went to my appointment on May 5 in the afternoon, process was a bit slow. Took me just over 2 hours to get served, family of 4 application. Today I received my passport but not the other 3. Is this normal that 4 applications handed in same day and time but only 1 passport mailed out. Thank you….
Yes this is normal I experienced same. We Applied for Family of 4 ,they sent 3 May 6th and delivered the last one May 9th. Passport Issue date was a day apart so that explains the delay In one .

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Status as of Friday was per a SC phone agent or is there an actual tool to track progress of application?
we do not have any tracking system for Passport applications in Canada. You can only track if it is official passport.

YES it was as per the Service Canada Agent who answered the phone.

" I do apologize for the delay, we received your application however it was not approved yet" we are experiencing high volume and it could take a little more time than expected timelines.

Last edited: