+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Thank you, Queen! However I've already tried this link. I am looking for the request form where they call you back to book an appointment. This page take me to the nearest passport office options, which are all booked up.

How does one get them to call you?
I think that option is no longer available.
I even used to have that page open on my browser but when I checked, it read that the page is no longer available.

• Sad
Reactions: Hypatia

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
I'm in the same boat. I was told that I'll get my passport by April 19th. I applied on March 11th in a Canada Services Centre.
I applied on March 15th. Keep me posted when you get yours. 2 more days waiting for me.

Reactions: andrews.juchem

portofmiami

Mar 28, 2016
Hopefully this is helpful for those who cannot get a Passport Canada appointment ...

I requested an appointment at a Service Canada (Receiving Agent only) office for April 4th. The clerk who assisted me noted my travel date (30th of April). I was not allowed to request express or urgent.

Today I received my passport (was delivered to my door). Turnaround time of ~7 business days

I believe having a travel date helped but I am genuinely surprised it came this quickly. I am unsure whether requesting an appointment at Service Canada helped as opposed to doing a walk-in

I would encourage anyone with a proof of travel date who is unable to book an appointment with Passport Canada to try this approach.

For reference, I am located 2 hours from Toronto

Reactions: 3bdullahibra

3bdullahibra

Jul 26, 2018
Hopefully this is helpful for those who cannot get a Passport Canada appointment ...

I requested an appointment at a Service Canada (Receiving Agent only) office for April 4th. The clerk who assisted me noted my travel date (30th of April). I was not allowed to request express or urgent.

Today I received my passport (was delivered to my door). Turnaround time of ~7 business days

I believe having a travel date helped but I am genuinely surprised it came this quickly. I am unsure whether requesting an appointment at Service Canada helped as opposed to doing a walk-in

I would encourage anyone with a proof of travel date who is unable to book an appointment with Passport Canada to try this approach.

For reference, I am located 2 hours from Toronto
That’s awesome! Can you share which Service Canada location you went to?

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Thank you! They actually took 2 pieces of ID and photocopied both (probably because I chose to indicate 2 on my application, as I realized afterwards)

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Hi all, just giving a timeline:
Called April 1st
Appointment April 11
Went to appointment and the whole thing took 2-3 hours
Was told to come back and pick up on April 27th
Travel date is May 2nd
Montreal passport office

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

Kumar90

Apr 30, 2020
I submitted my passport application on 10 March at service Canada Winnipeg ( receiving agent) . The receiving agent told me the mail out date is '7 April '. I haven't received the passport yet. My flight is booked for 28 April. I can't get connected to passport office 1800 number. It's really frustrating.

Kumar90

Apr 30, 2020
I submitted my passport application on 10 March at service Canada Winnipeg ( receiving agent) . The receiving agent told me the mail out date is '7 April '. I haven't received the passport yet. My flight is booked for 28 April. I can't get connected to passport office 1800 number. It's really frustrating.
File transferred today to Winnipeg passport office

shomed

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied in person in Service Canada Ontario on 30th March, have been told the passport will be mailed by 29th April.

Wanted to call them after 10 business days to find the status and to my surprise (albeit after being on hold for 2 hr 10 mins!), they don't have any information on the application. He said he could not find any application with the File number or with my credentials.

Is there anything I should do to make sure my application is in the right place?

Reactions: Kornet

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Applied in person in Service Canada Ontario on 30th March, have been told the passport will be mailed by 29th April.

Wanted to call them after 10 business days to find the status and to my surprise (albeit after being on hold for 2 hr 10 mins!), they don't have any information on the application. He said he could not find any application with the File number or with my credentials.

Is there anything I should do to make sure my application is in the right place?
It takes atleast 2 weeks for service canada to send it to passport canada.

Reactions: shomed