Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hypothetical question :
1. Let’s say A person finished their oath today and is now waiting for their certificate in the mail, could The person try and make an appointment for an in person passport appointment while I wait for the certificate to arrive ? Do they have you for your certificate number or anything ?
Obviously the applicant would request an appointment a few weeks out so they ensure the certificate arrives ahead of the appointment .

2. Also, if non -urgent ..how long is the wait to pick up if u go for an in person appointment.
1. They don't ask for the certificate number but before scheduling an appointment they would go through their list line by line to confirm that you have all required items.
2. Non-urgent appointments won't be scheduled in-person. They will tell you to submit it by post.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Canada website now says you dont need an appointment for urgent pickup, just walkin with proof of travel. I confirmed it with their call center. They said this new guidance changed in the last 2 days.
There were two lines when I went today: those with appointments and those without them. Those with appointments are prioritized. And I still had to wait extra 1.5 hours despite having had an appointment.

Reactions: MartinH1337

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
Hi all,
Anybody knows if there is walk in passport service in Calgary Offices? I need to do get my passport in the next 2 weeks and I don't know if I have to request an appointmen either way? As according to other people looks like is getting more than 2 bussiness days to call back with the appointment dates. I tried to look for a phone number to call and ask but I couldn't find it.

trendtrader

May 31, 2017
Applied at Newmarket Service Canada without appointment. Had to wait in line for 2.5 hours but didn’t need part with citizenship certificate. Receipt given states approx mail out date 25th april

Onascale

Sep 2, 2021
Hi all,
Anybody knows if there is walk in passport service in Calgary Offices? I need to do get my passport in the next 2 weeks and I don't know if I have to request an appointmen either way? As according to other people looks like is getting more than 2 bussiness days to call back with the appointment dates. I tried to look for a phone number to call and ask but I couldn't find it.
There is no walk-in in Calgary for passport. What you should do: Walk in to Harry hays, tell the security that you do not have an appointment and that you need to travel soon. They will get you to fill out online request with specific instructions. They will get the call-back expedited. That’s what I did last week. Got an appointment for today.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
1. They don't ask for the certificate number but before scheduling an appointment they would go through their list line by line to confirm that you have all required items.
2. Non-urgent appointments won't be scheduled in-person. They will tell you to submit it by post.
Is this a new development? I scheduled my appointment weeks ago, even before I took the Oath and I was not asked any questions except what day I wanted to come in.

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Had an appointment for urgent application today at 3:15pm.
Turned up 10 minutes early as the email recommended and had to wait in line until 3:58pm - they even turned away two people behind me who had appointments scheduled for 3:15pm because the passport services were behind schedule.... The whole thing was a mess (felt really bad for those behind me who had to reschedule).

Anyway, fortunately I am scheduled for pick up on 31st March at 1pm (day before I travel). Phew. What a stressful process!

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
In-Person application with an appointment (Calgary):

I applied and paid the fee in a Service Canada Centre in Calgary on March 11, 2022. Regular application (not urgent). To get an appointment, I filled out the webform and they called me about 2-3 business days after to schedule it, and I got an appointment in the same week.

They said that I'll get the passport by April 19, 2022. I'm curious to see if I'll get the passport by this date. Has anyone gone through the same process? Since I paid the fee directly with them when I filed the application, I don't know if there was any movement in my application.

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
There is no walk-in in Calgary for passport. What you should do: Walk in to Harry hays, tell the security that you do not have an appointment and that you need to travel soon. They will get you to fill out online request with specific instructions. They will get the call-back expedited. That’s what I did last week. Got an appointment for today.
Thank you so much for your reply! I will head there tomorrow to get this process started.

Reactions: Onascale

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied at Newmarket Service Canada without appointment. Had to wait in line for 2.5 hours but didn’t need part with citizenship certificate. Receipt given states approx mail out date 25th april
Wonder if the receipt given for mail out is the courier date, since don't they deliver passports by courier? Just did mine at NewMarket and mail out date is 28th of April

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Hi everyone! I am travelling May 2nd. I filled out the web form and submitted an appointment request on Monday (March 28), but no call as of yet. I have a couple of questions:
-is walk-in better than appointment?
- what is the difference between going to Service Canada and Passport Office of Service Canada?
- I am in Montreal. Anyone has experience with passports lately and/or recommend an office for walk-in?

Thank you!

trendtrader

May 31, 2017
Wonder if the receipt given for mail out is the courier date, since don't they deliver passports by courier? Just did mine at NewMarket and mail out date is 28th of April
they deliver passports by registered mail. I applied for my child’s passport back in 2019 and received it 3 days before the mail out date on receipt

Reactions: MW2015