+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Still nothing. Tried calling them yesterday but couldn't reach them. I don't know how long this passport thing would take.
As predicted, I have not received my passport by the expected date. I should have received it yesterday. I'll probably try to call them next week.

Reactions: sk000

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Applied for passport today at Passport Office Kitchener (Regular Processing). They gave me a "Mail Out" date of April 26.
Got my passport today.

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I did not apply walk-in at North York there but observed what was going on when I went to pickup my passport.
Walk ins were allowed if you had urgent travel proof but the lines were very bad. also it depends on the discretion of the security who is handling this(if you don't have travel proof) i would suggest try walking in at Kitchener or Bracebridge (if possible) where walk ins are allowed (reported in some threads in this website) even if you don't have proof of travel
Hi,

Thank you for the guidance. I live in North York so decided to try my luck at the North York Service Canada centre as it is clearly stated that the Service Canada - Passport Office is not taking any Walk Ins except for Emergency Travel within 2 days...

I decided to walk in and submit in person application to the Service Canada centre yesterday. Since the office opens at 8:30 , I tried to reach as early as possible and was in the queue at 8:35AM sharp. That was clearly too late there was a loooooonnnnggg Q and by the time I reached the door it was 12:40pm. So get your phones charged, load up your music/books/iPads and be prepared to WAIT!

Part of the reason is that it is a SC centre so people are coming in for all sort of queries and there are limited number of staff there.

After that it was pretty smooth and seamless and the staff was very polite and helpful. She said that I should receive my passport on 26th May and to wait for 20 days from yesterday before I can start tracking the application online. If I have not received it by then I would need to call up.

Fingers crossed.

Regards,
NC

edmpr

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Applied for passport in person in Edmonton Melbourne Mall Service Canada on March 3 and still no update. I was told that I will receive the passport by April 19th and no update so far.

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
I applied in-person at service Canada for a passport on March 15, and the form they gave me, says they will be mailing the passport on April 12. Should I be getting an email when the passport is shipped? How long does Canada post take to mail the passport?
I got an email from the passport update and it says "Your file is in examination" does that mean they are working on it, or they have it and it's on the side and they will work on it late lol

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I got an email from the passport update and it says "Your file is in examination" does that mean they are working on it, or they have it and it's on the side and they will work on it late lol
this is an improvement. atleast some email came

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
So I went to the Kitchener Passport Office yesterday, a breakdown of the experience:

- Arrived at 6:50 AM, there's parking at the back of the building it's $2 per 1/2 hour (just a FYI). There was a line already, about 15 people. The security opened the doors to the building at 7:00 AM and we were able to go inside the building and be WARM!
- We lined up and around 8:15-ish, one of the security guards for the passport office came outside and asked who had an appointment or was picking up a passport. Surprisingly i think just one lady was picking up, no one came identified they had an appointment.
- After about 5 mins the guard came back out and asked who was travelling before May 12th (my assumption was that it's to identify people travelling within 15 business days) and also confirmed we were all paying with credit card. He didn't mention anything about debit cards or cash.
- I'm travelling on May 17th, and had to join a separate line. My line was allowed to enter the office first (at around 8:25 AM) and then the before May 12th people came in like 2 mins after. There were two separate queues, I believe our line was considered "Drop Offs". The security guard was counting down to 8:30 AM lol, it was quite funny. He even did a 10 second countdown...hilarious lol.
- I was the 3rd person in my line. The process was super simple. Gave documents to the officer, he reviewed and checked that everything was good, he copied my certificate of citizenship and gave it back to me right away. You have to fill out a credit card authorization slip, basically just fill in credit card info and the amount ($120 for 5 year passport/$160 for 10 year passport). They didn't specify if the credit card needs to be in your name. There were no additional fees required.
- They didn't ask for proof of travel (hopefully he didn't forget in error lol) and he said that I will get the passport in 10 business days. I noticed that the people travelling before May 12th had to go to another window after one officer checked their docs and asked them some questions, some had to sit and wait. I assume the officers were reviewing their documents and processing payments.
- I was done by 8:38 AM and by the time I was walking out, there were about 80 - 100 people in the line.

Overall - Very simple and smooth process, the staff is super friendly and organized. Counting down my 10 business days lol, I'll provide an update when it comes in.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of going to the Kitchener office!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basic question, while counting 25 business days do they consider Saturdays as business days or not?

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
So I went to the Kitchener Passport Office yesterday, a breakdown of the experience:

- Arrived at 6:50 AM, there's parking at the back of the building it's $2 per 1/2 hour (just a FYI). There was a line already, about 15 people. The security opened the doors to the building at 7:00 AM and we were able to go inside the building and be WARM!
- We lined up and around 8:15-ish, one of the security guards for the passport office came outside and asked who had an appointment or was picking up a passport. Surprisingly i think just one lady was picking up, no one came identified they had an appointment.
- After about 5 mins the guard came back out and asked who was travelling before May 12th (my assumption was that it's to identify people travelling within 15 business days) and also confirmed we were all paying with credit card. He didn't mention anything about debit cards or cash.
- I'm travelling on May 17th, and had to join a separate line. My line was allowed to enter the office first (at around 8:25 AM) and then the before May 12th people came in like 2 mins after. There were two separate queues, I believe our line was considered "Drop Offs". The security guard was counting down to 8:30 AM lol, it was quite funny. He even did a 10 second countdown...hilarious lol.
- I was the 3rd person in my line. The process was super simple. Gave documents to the officer, he reviewed and checked that everything was good, he copied my certificate of citizenship and gave it back to me right away. You have to fill out a credit card authorization slip, basically just fill in credit card info and the amount ($120 for 5 year passport/$160 for 10 year passport). They didn't specify if the credit card needs to be in your name. There were no additional fees required.
- They didn't ask for proof of travel (hopefully he didn't forget in error lol) and he said that I will get the passport in 10 business days. I noticed that the people travelling before May 12th had to go to another window after one officer checked their docs and asked them some questions, some had to sit and wait. I assume the officers were reviewing their documents and processing payments.
- I was done by 8:38 AM and by the time I was walking out, there were about 80 - 100 people in the line.

Overall - Very simple and smooth process, the staff is super friendly and organized. Counting down my 10 business days lol, I'll provide an update when it comes in.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of going to the Kitchener office!
Is this the weber st location ?