Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello! I am just wondering if anyone knows a little bit more about the CLBA (Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment). I will be writing this test at the end of the month and am wondering about what is included in each section. How long is each section? Is it true that speaking and listening are done together?
What types of writing questions are included?

I have done the online self assessment, but can't seem to find much information about the test!

Thanks in advance!

CelpipBuddy

Feb 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment assesses English language proficiency in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing. An example of a listening question prompt is a 43-second audio clip of a newscaster reporting on local weather. Questions assessing the listener's comprehension of the clip ask what the temperature is and how the weather might affect someone's travel plans
Another example of a listening prompt is a one-minute audio clip of a telephone message between friends. Questions assess whether the listener understood the gist of the conversation and how they would make weekend plans based on the details in the message.
Examples of speaking questions, answered in the form of an interview, include where the applicant is from, how long they have lived in Canada and what they do for a living. Additional questions include what interviewees like to do on weekends, what kinds of food they usually cook and what they think about Canadian weather.
Examples of written questions are prompts to complete a grocery list, write four sentences about yourself and write a short letter to your landlord indicating that your heat is not working.
A sample reading question is based on a grocery list, where students must indicate their understanding of the purpose of the list and their recognition of key vocabulary words.

Find celpip material for free in

celpiptest.blogspot.ca

while navigating URL in browser add https

Jommie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Philippines
Good day,

I am taking CLBA test this November. Any other insights from people who already took the test? Any study materials I could use? How is the test format?

Thank you.