Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Hi guys,

I am just hoping someone can please help me.

I just confirmed that I am pregnant and I am wondering how I can update CIC on this information? (I will get an ultrasound done and have a doctors note. Is there somewhere I can send this? Do I just send it with the letter to the VO with maybe my husband's UCI?

I'm just so confused. There is a lot of information for women who are pregnant and are the one's BEING sponsored. However, I'm the sponsor!! And I'm finding it hard to find any information. :p

We're applying inland and I will be having the baby here (Of course! :p), I'm just wondering, would he need to update CIC with the baby as a dependent even though they will be born in Canada? (Assuming the baby is born before the application is processed)

Anyways, thanks in advance for any response! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

There is no need to inform them of your pregnancy. It will not affect the app in any way.

Once the baby is born, you can email CIC and let them know. As the child will be Canadian, s/he will not be added to the application.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Thanks a lot!!

Oh that's good! I didn't want to have to make it a big thing to make sure I sent it in in time! :p

That's good to know, it seems like a pain in the butt!!

Would it maybe be a good idea for additional proof of genuine relationship though? (We could only send pictures and letters from friends as we own nothing together yet! :))

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CherPare said:
Would it maybe be a good idea for additional proof of genuine relationship though? (We could only send pictures and letters from friends as we own nothing together yet! :))
It definitely won't hurt the app to tell them about the pregnancy and may be considered as additional relationship proof by the VO.

Griffintown

Jun 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi CherPare, I am in the same boat, sponsoring my husband and due soon, and you are right there is not much on pregnant sponsors. Since the baby isn't born (and will be born in Canada) it was not necessary to list him as a dependant. Our immigration lawyer suggested to add a doctor's confirmation note with the file, which we did. I was 20+ weeks at the time (letter confirmed how many weeks I was and my due date). He thought it might speed up the process. However unless the agent is a really sentimental person, I doubt they really care that I am pregnant, but it could definitely be an extra proof of a genuine relationship.

I have a document that still needs to be sent to the VO office, but since I didn't want to delay my file, I sent the full package and was informed that once complete, my lone document should be sent to the visa office with the UCI number of the file. So this probably applies to your situation too!

Good luck with the sponsoring and the pregnancy!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CherPare said:
Hi guys,

I am just hoping someone can please help me.

I just confirmed that I am pregnant and I am wondering how I can update CIC on this information? (I will get an ultrasound done and have a doctors note. Is there somewhere I can send this? Do I just send it with the letter to the VO with maybe my husband's UCI?

I'm just so confused. There is a lot of information for women who are pregnant and are the one's BEING sponsored. However, I'm the sponsor!! And I'm finding it hard to find any information. :p

We're applying inland and I will be having the baby here (Of course! :p), I'm just wondering, would he need to update CIC with the baby as a dependent even though they will be born in Canada? (Assuming the baby is born before the application is processed)

Anyways, thanks in advance for any response! :)
once the baby is born, you would only require to update the family information form with newborn info added and resubmit that to CIC.

Screech339

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Jee786 said:
You are sponsoring your husband? and pregnant :eek:? Isn't it your husband living outside Canada?
Don't you think that maybe they were visiting each other and she got pregnant?? it happens....i know because it's happened to me and my husband lives outside of Canada.

To the OP - Being pregnant doesn't matter to CIC...ya it look good as more proof of your relationship but it won't speed things up and anyway. As others have said - you can report the birth to CIC but it doesn't matter as the baby is Canadian and doesn't have any bearing on your husbands application and you don't need to sponsor the child. I did report our birth but no where on the notes can you see that it was recorded. Congrats and I really hope your hubby is here for the birth. My hubby missed ours but i was on the phone with him 2 seconds after my daughter was born. He heard her first cry.

Griffintown

Jun 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jee786 said:
You are sponsoring your husband? and pregnant :eek:? Isn't it your husband living outside Canada?
I am going to assume the best and that you don't mean it the way it came out!
As far as I know visiting is NOT illegal. I visited my husband and became pregnant. He is now visiting me in Canada (he is allowed 6 months).... don't think we are breaking any rules!

So to answer your question; yes he LIVES outside Canada, but it doesn't mean either one of us cannot visit the other

dreamtocanada_uk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/02/2014
Doc's Request.
16/08/2014
AOR Received.
07/03/2014
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Don't know
Med's Request
15/02/2015
Med's Done....
16/02/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not sure
screech339 said:
once the baby is born, you would only require to update the family information form with newborn info added and resubmit that to CIC.

Screech339
Hello Screench, my baby is born but how i add with my sponsorship application (status is Application Received).I am the Permanent Resident what forms will I require to fill up and send to Visa office Singapore or Mississauga?Please let me know.

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 jan 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Don't you think that maybe they were visiting each other and she got pregnant?? it happens....i know because it's happened to me and my husband lives outside of Canada.

To the OP - Being pregnant doesn't matter to CIC...ya it look good as more proof of your relationship but it won't speed things up and anyway. As others have said - you can report the birth to CIC but it doesn't matter as the baby is Canadian and doesn't have any bearing on your husbands application and you don't need to sponsor the child. I did report our birth but no where on the notes can you see that it was recorded. Congrats and I really hope your hubby is here for the birth. My hubby missed ours but i was on the phone with him 2 seconds after my daughter was born. He heard her first cry.
vry nice answer....gud....!!

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 jan 2014
Griffintown said:
I am going to assume the b :'(est and :'(that you don't mean it the way it came out!
As far as I know visiting is NOT illegal. I visited my husband and became pregnant. He is now visiting me in Canada (he i :'(s allowed 6 months).... don't think we are breaking any rules!

So to answer your questio; yes he LIVES outside Canada, but it doesn't mean either one of us cannot visit the other
gud.answer... i.dont kno hw people think....obviously if.they r visitin each othr only.then she.bcme pregnant... hooo... dont kno wat people think

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Thanks for everyone's responses!! :)

I'm really glad I don't /have/ to send anything in, definitely eases the stress a bit!

Hey Griffin!

Oh wow, haha exact same boat! :) That's what I was thinking. I'm not worried about them speeding up our application as my husband is currently on a 3 year post-grad work permit and still has 2 1/2 years to go! :pP But it definitely doesn't hurt to send in extra proof in our case I think. Haha.

Good luck to you as well! Hope everything goes super smoothly and you and your husband can be together in Canada permanently soon! :)))

Sorry your husband missed the birth, Sammy! But that's sweet he got to hear her! :) Thanks for the advice!!

imani007

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-02-2016
CherPare said:
Thanks for everyone's responses!! :)

I'm really glad I don't /have/ to send anything in, definitely eases the stress a bit!

Hey Griffin!

Oh wow, haha exact same boat! :) That's what I was thinking. I'm not worried about them speeding up our application as my husband is currently on a 3 year post-grad work permit and still has 2 1/2 years to go! :pP But it definitely doesn't hurt to send in extra proof in our case I think. Haha.

Good luck to you as well! Hope everything goes super smoothly and you and your husband can be together in Canada permanently soon! :)))

Sorry your husband missed the birth, Sammy! But that's sweet he got to hear her! :) Thanks for the advice!!
;D :D

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Jee786 said:
OP indicated in her post that they are applying inland... ummm... that would mean the applicant, her husband is in Canada