+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Immigration

Dec 15, 2008
Hi,

I am an Electrical engineer (Electronics & Communication) working in IT (Software Engineer) for the last two years. Can any one please confirm if I can apply for immigration with IT experience with an Electrical engineering. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Regards,
Mudassir Ansari.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mudassir Ansari said:
Hi,

I am an Electrical engineer (Electronics & Communication) working in IT (Software Engineer) for the last two years. Can any one please confirm if I can apply for immigration with IT experience with an Electrical engineering. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Regards,
Mudassir Ansari.
1. Electrical Engineer is not on the list of "38" , so you would have to have worked in Canada on an LMO or have an Arranged Employment option from an Employer in Canada to apply.

PMM

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Its quite confusing also, why do you say Electrical engineer when your branch is Electronics and Communication ??

As you know, these are two different subjects.

Mudassir Ansari said:
Hi,

Regards,
Mudassir Ansari.

koushik704

May 7, 2008
For Immigration, Working experience should be tightly coupled with ur qualifications. You should have a degree in IT to apply as a FSW.

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
If you are working in IT (or Software), the closest NOC is "Computer and Information Systems Manager", and you should see whether you are eligible as per the lead statement for job description.

It requires that:

You have a minimal bachelor degree in Engineering, business or computers, So far so good...

Then, it requires "several years" of experience within your field, and two years may be a small period to have managerial experience.

Remember that you have to show atleast 1 year experience as manager to be eligible to apply.