+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Immigration is a gong show

kent_olsen

Jan 8, 2019
Sponsoring my wife and applied 1st of October from Australia. Made sure to get signature on delivery so we knew they got it. Put email addresses as contact details. Hadnt heard a thing until a few days ago when my wife got her FIRST email...not to tell us they recieved the app or had begun processing - but with the heading "FINAL REQUEST" in yellow highlighted type. Request for her medical exam which states that we have 1 month to get medical booked, done, results and back to them. ZERO correspondence prior and now saying final demand??
Anyone else having issues?

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Sponsoring my wife and applied 1st of October from Australia. Made sure to get signature on delivery so we knew they got it. Put email addresses as contact details. Hadnt heard a thing until a few days ago when my wife got her FIRST email...not to tell us they recieved the app or had begun processing - but with the heading "FINAL REQUEST" in yellow highlighted type. Request for her medical exam which states that we have 1 month to get medical booked, done, results and back to them. ZERO correspondence prior and now saying final demand??
Check your spam folders carefully. Link your application to your online account.
Everyone gets a month to get the medicals unless you have a valid reason for the delay.

Reactions: scylla

kent_olsen

Jan 8, 2019
Check your spam folders carefully. Link your application to your online account.
Everyone gets a month to get the medicals unless you have a valid reason for the delay.
Have been checking spam - doesnt make sense that this one came through straight to inbox. And this is the first email we recieved. Also, attempting to link the app to online acc results in the response "no application was found" or to that effect.

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Have been checking spam - doesnt make sense that this one came through straight to inbox. And this is the first email we recieved. Also, attempting to link the app to online acc results in the response "no application was found" or to that effect.
Wait for Acknowledgement of Receipt and then try linking it. Sometimes the process linking an application can be a little tough.
I received additional documents before my AoR and medicals before sponsor approval. Book an appointment at IRCC panel physician. You'll get the rest in the meantime.
Good luck!

kent_olsen

Jan 8, 2019
Wait for Acknowledgement of Receipt and then try linking it. Sometimes the process linking an application can be a little tough.
I received additional documents before my AoR and medicals before sponsor approval. Book an appointment at IRCC panel physician. You'll get the rest in the meantime.
Good luck!
Assuming we should have recieved AOR first! Have booked the medical already & speaking with an immigration lawyer to cover ourselves...immigrating to australia was a walk in the park compared to this. Oy vey

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
The "Gong Show" was very funny in it's day many years ago.
You are not alone!...... Your lucky you got something!

I think there have been numerous issues with the transition from the case processing center Mississauga
to Sydney along with the large amount of applications since last summer. It will take time for them to sort
through the backlog especially after Xmas vacation. Hopefully the new or relocated government
workers at Sydney will have had some coaching to bring them up to speed. Or maybe they just need to
hire more employees? I am sure they are working hard and doing the best they can.
One of the Canadian Asia Visa centers recently apologized for their delays due to the record number of applicants.
Some were advising not to purchase plane tickets until they had their Visa's returned.
Canada seems to be very popular these days.