Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
To the OP, I don't think you were as totally out of line as people were reacting to..

There are two things that really bug me about the whole topic:

Yes it's illegal, and plenty of people are taking advantage of Canada. But these boat people.. somehow they had enough money and influence to get on that boat in the first place. Surely they're not the poorest of the poor or most needy of the people in their countries. They had enough money and influence to get in the boat in the first place.. while they might not be rich, they were certainly good enough for the 20K fee (or whatever it was they owed) to get here. No doubt they could have been sent as a kind of bait by a richer relative who knew they in turn would be sponsored via family class. These people, and the people acquiring citizenship illegally, are laughing at us. For the truth is that any upper class in a third world nation has easier ways to enter Canada. A lot of these are people that because of their influence or money at home could get away with any kind of behaviour and are used to being bowed down to and waited on. In countries where you can buy what you like, buy your way out of a traffic ticket or problem, buying into Canadian citizenship is probably something they wouldn't think twice about. These people have never had to stand in line in their life and have not learned how.. they probably think it's beneath them.

Many people are only here to improve their economic circumstances, not for the love of the country that many of us have. And many who can will return to their home country at the drop of a hat with CPP as soon as they turn 60, perhaps leaving their children who are by that point already too Canadian to stand living in a third world country. So.. the part that irks me is that it's for money, not for love, that many are here.. although I would hope that they would fall in love with Canada while they are here and not come to resent it as some on this forum seem to.. thinking Canada owes them something after so many empty promises and wasted years.

And incidentally, I am upset at being discriminated against for MY income by the Canadian Government, as my sponsorship approval has taken over 4 months because I was a student when I applied and I am self employed. As a born citizen I feel it's incredibly unfair.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you.... But I think most people missed the point.

I just stay out of it now... I mean to even accuse me is ridiculous... And then go off on rants... Bla Bla bla

The points are, many people slipped through the cracks... Yet still some legitimate applications are refused.

And...

This crackdown could affect all of us by consuming resources, and enhanced application scrutiny.

And...

Using consulting firms is stated as definitely undergoing more investigation.

Let me remind everyone that citizenship rules are such that enough taxes are contributed to have right to CPP. We're still paying for it.... It's the ones under investigation 5hat did not comply with residency obligations and in turn did not pay a dime.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
user828 said:
I had met few Pakistanis back in 2003 who showed off on the fact they have the option to get stamps or not, when visiting back home and that way no one could tell if they out for longer period
And alot of those consultants are Sikh and Indians people from India, leaving in alberta and toronto. I met and have been alot of Sikh and Indians doing the same in the last 2 years. I have being told so many manipulative stories. Heard Sikh from India know alot of loop holes and they are knitted. They,as a consultant, let the client to pretend not to speak English and represent themselves on their behalf, so the officers has less chance to catch any flaw from their clients relationship. Which sucks!!

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Good luck with that law being changed, almost every country in the world has the same laws regarding this.
WRONG! Most countries do NOT allow for it.