Canadian immigration and US DV green card lottery- urgent advice please

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

I need your help on the following:

I have an application for Canadian PR which is under processing . MR not requested yet but expected soon since I'm 2007 Aug. ASP applicant and BG checks for my application are running since Nov-Dec 2010.
Today I knew that I have been selected for further processing for my application for US Green Card lottery DV-2012 and I have been requested to go through steps to complete the application and to get the US green card visa if successfully passed the interview and finished the processing.
Now I need to know whether I can continue with both Canadian and US applications or I have to choose only one.

Seniors please advise.
Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

oldfriend

rahatx

Jul 7, 2011
Wow! Lucky !
Here's my two cents:
I think you can continue with both and wait until the US authorities ask you specifically about your immigration matters only when you should inform them. Then if they allow, you are good to go. But of course, DV is sureshot, and there is still possibility of not having the canadian PR.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahatx said:
Wow! Lucky !
Here's my two cents:
I think you can continue with both and wait until the US authorities ask you specifically about your immigration matters only when you should inform them. Then if they allow, you are good to go. But of course, DV is sureshot, and there is still possibility of not having the canadian PR.
Thank u very much dear rahatx for the prompt reply

good luck

oldfriend