Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Maybe there have been similar cases as mine but I havent found it yet. Anyways, I am a Canadian born Citizen who lived most of my life in Mexico. I got married there in 1995 and we have 3 children, the first two are Canadian already and my daughter who is 5. has the citizenship in process, almost finalized. I moved up to Canada a year ago to get settled and now I am ready to bring my wife, who is Mexican. I am going to do the sponsership, me living here and she living in Mexico. It is hard, but I have been supporting two houses (mine in Canada and ours in Mexico) so now it is time to be a family again.
My question is, Do I have to send all the documents from here to Ontario or does she have to send them to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city. My understanding is that my sponsorship doucments must go to Ontario first and then if approved everything is sent to Mexico city. Is that correct?
Many people have given me different answers and I am confused and do not want to make mistakes.
I want this done as soon as possible. My children need a father and a mother, not one with the father and the others with the mother.
I appreciate very much your answer.
Thank you!!

Frank

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
CdnMxHusb said:
Hi
Maybe there have been similar cases as mine but I havent found it yet. Anyways, I am a Canadian born Citizen who lived most of my life in Mexico. I got married there in 1995 and we have 3 children, the first two are Canadian already and my daughter who is 5. has the citizenship in process, almost finalized. I moved up to Canada a year ago to get settled and now I am ready to bring my wife, who is Mexican. I am going to do the sponsership, me living here and she living in Mexico. It is hard, but I have been supporting two houses (mine in Canada and ours in Mexico) so now it is time to be a family again.
My question is, Do I have to send all the documents from here to Ontario or does she have to send them to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city. My understanding is that my sponsorship doucments must go to Ontario first and then if approved everything is sent to Mexico city. Is that correct?
Many people have given me different answers and I am confused and do not want to make mistakes.
I want this done as soon as possible. My children need a father and a mother, not one with the father and the others with the mother.
I appreciate very much your answer.
Thank you!!

Frank
hi!,
you first send the entire application to missisauga. than they will approve the sponsor being you.
once approved it will be transfered to mexico city.

there is a mexico thread, and a bunch of us over there if you have any more questions, feel free to join the mexico thread

p.s the processing time on the website says 13 months for mexico city, but most applications are finalized in 6-8. :D
:)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/mexico-t35385.0.html

here is the link if you wish to pop in

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much. I just went onto the thread. It looks like a great thread and I have to read it. I want to do everything right and get over with no problems. This is so stressful for everyone. It seems so simple. a married couple for almost 18 years. But I guess it is hard for them to beleive what people tell them as so many people lie.
Thanks again for your help.

Frank

Aug 19, 2012
HI Frank,

I am in a similar situation as your wife - married for 15 years and three kids! HAve you considered applying from within Canada? We came over as a family , and my husband as declared residency. I am still a visitor here and just sending in an inland (applying from within Canada) application to Vegreville. I have been back to our previous country of residence several times and to my home country to visit my family. I totally understand your frustration as I am having to dig out pictures that are over ten years old and do not have a lot of correspondence other than short emails because we have been living together all this time! THe positive side is that it's actually easy to prove that we live together because our bills and bank accounts are shared between us.

Good luck and hope you will reunite very soon!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Spouseapplicant,

Frank can most likely not apply inland because in order to do that, he would need a visit visa for his wife and she will most likely not get one. It is hard for spouses to get a visit visa. I assume you are visa exempt.

Also note that you do not have to apply inland even though you are in Canada. In most cases, outland is faster anyway. If you are visa exempt, you may still stay in Canada under visitor status as you apply outland and you can even apply to extend your visit if your application is not through yet. People already in Canada applying outland are rarely refused to extend.

If you do decide to apply inland, keep in mind that it is strongly advised to stay in Canada during the processing time. If you leave and something happens that causes you to be unable to return, a family emergency at home or even if you try to return but an immigration officer with a complex decides to turn you away at the border, your inland application automatically gets cancelled because you are no longer residing in Canada and you would have to apply again from scratch outland.

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have one more question. Once I submit the documents to Ontario, I am in Canada and she is in Mexico, and I am approved as a sponsor, does the Embassy in Mexico City contact her and tell her to do the Medical exams and get the letter from PGR?
I was told that I have to send the exams with all the documents, but also was told that the exams are done later. Does anyone know about this?
Also, the exams are done thru a Doctor that the Embassy decides? Because on their list there is no Doctor in that city, but there is a Consulate. The only doctors that they list are in Mexico city, Monterrey and Juarez and those cities are very far away.
Thanks again!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
CdnMxHusb said:
Hi
I have one more question. Once I submit the documents to Ontario, I am in Canada and she is in Mexico, and I am approved as a sponsor, does the Embassy in Mexico City contact her and tell her to do the Medical exams and get the letter from PGR?
I was told that I have to send the exams with all the documents, but also was told that the exams are done later. Does anyone know about this?
Also, the exams are done thru a Doctor that the Embassy decides? Because on their list there is no Doctor in that city, but there is a Consulate. The only doctors that they list are in Mexico city, Monterrey and Juarez and those cities are very far away.
Thanks again!!
Yes the medical exam has to be sent with the application, if not they may send it back, or it will delay your process.
once you are approved you will get an email or letter telling you, but not your wife. than the application is sent to mexico city, from there on they will contact your wife for the rest of the process.
and unfortunatly yes she will need to go to one of the cities listed on the cic website. its a pain i know, but they will only accept exams from those doctors.
and the pgr letter request will be sent to your wife after her application is already in mexico city.

also if she is going to mexico city to get the medical exam, she might aswell get her SSP police certificate at the same time, because again that certificate can only be done in mexico city directly from the applicant, or from a close relative or friend with a carta poder.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Spousal applications should all be sent in together, she will have to use one of the doctors listed on the CIC website I had to go an hour and a half to my medical exam, you can print out the appendix C form on the link below and take it with you, you must make sure to tell them you are applying spousal as it is the only class that does medicals before the application is submitted. most tell you, you must wait for letter asking for one but this is not true, print atleast 3 copies of it as one goes with your exam one with your x-ray and one to you that you mail with the application. Her embassy will not contact her until after her application is in their hands not sure if Mexico does AOR's but if they don't unless they need additional information she may not hear anything until they request passport.... GL!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf