+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian High Commission hasn't received my upfront medical examination results?

mudabbas3

Feb 11, 2016
Hi,

I applied (paper application via VFS Global) for a study permit to Canada from Pakistan on 11th November, 2015. Before that I did my upfront medical exam from IOM's medical wing in Islamabad. I attached the eMedical information sheet they provided in my application. Where the usual processing time is 7 weeks, it has been almost 12 weeks since i lodged my application. In January I emailed CIC about the status of my application and was replied that my "upfront medical examination results were awaited". When I got in touch with IOM they confirmed that they had sent my reports via eMedical, when I inquired again, the day before yesterday, I got the same reply from canadian high commission.....my med results are awaited

I am so frustrated, do not know what to do or who to write to....when I explain the issue to CIC in a comprehensive email, they don't reply....

shamp

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th October 2015
File Transfer...
7th October 2015
Med's Request
3rd November 2015
Med's Done....
16th November 2015
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
25th April 2016
LANDED..........
2nd May 2016
mudabbas3 said:
Hi,

I applied (paper application via VFS Global) for a study permit to Canada from Pakistan on 11th November, 2015. Before that I did my upfront medical exam from IOM's medical wing in Islamabad. I attached the eMedical information sheet they provided in my application. Where the usual processing time is 7 weeks, it has been almost 12 weeks since i lodged my application. In January I emailed CIC about the status of my application and was replied that my "upfront medical examination results were awaited". When I got in touch with IOM they confirmed that they had sent my reports via eMedical, when I inquired again, the day before yesterday, I got the same reply from canadian high commission.....my med results are awaited

I am so frustrated, do not know what to do or who to write to....when I explain the issue to CIC in a comprehensive email, they don't reply....
i am in same situation embassy emailed me this.
Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and medical examination results are awaited for further processing.
i have no idea what to do.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
I would send a letter(hardcopy) explaining all and would attach the printout of email from IOM confirming the submission of upfront medical screening via vfs.
BTW, which session had you applied for???

vb38834

Jan 16, 2016
Similar kind of situation. I have applied on Nov 20, submitted all my documents along with medicals & still waiting for Visa. I was informed by my consultant to check with the CMM (where I have done my medical exam) whether they have submitted my medical report or not. So in the last week of Jan I have been to CMM to know the status and they have informed me that there is one more medical exam which is due and it was recommended by immigration.

Usually in such situation students get email from the embassy regarding pending medical exam, but in my situation I did not get any email from the embassy. When I spoke to medical doctor, he has shown me the update from embassy for further medical exam. So I have given my samples and it will take 8 weeks to get the report & submit it to the embassy by CMM. So I cannot expect anything from embassy until first week of April and my joining date is 26th of April. At first for few days I thought to wait for the email from embassy regrading pending medical exam but later when I got call from CMM I went to give medical exam which was due.

All this has happened only after my initiative & follow up and did not get any email/update from the embassy. So at times it is really very confusing what is happening with embassy guys.

mudabbas3

Feb 11, 2016
I have absolutely no idea as to what to do. I've been told by Consultant that medical exams from Pakistan are sent to New Dheli for review and approval. The place where i had my medical exams, IOM has sent me proof of the reports as screenshots of my eMedical page. I've sent those screenshots to the High Commission in Islamabad but they wouldn't reply. Have even written today to CHC New Delhi, I'm out of ideas as to what to do.. :'(

FUH

Mar 26, 2016
I am also in a similar fix. I am fed up of Islamabad High Commission usual reply that application is in process and medical results are awaited. Karachi IOM has confirmed that they have sent the results to commission on 19th November, 2015 and I have informed time and again commission about this but it is of no use. I have deferred once my admission from January 2016 to May 2016 term because of this. Mine medical was on 16th November, 2015. I am running out of options.

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
I am in the same situation... I had my medical on February 1st.. Still waiting.

shamp

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th October 2015
File Transfer...
7th October 2015
Med's Request
3rd November 2015
Med's Done....
16th November 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25th April 2016
LANDED..........
2nd May 2016
FUH said:
I am also in a similar fix. I am fed up of Islamabad High Commission usual reply that application is in process and medical results are awaited. Karachi IOM has confirmed that they have sent the results to commission on 19th November, 2015 and I have informed time and again commission about this but it is of no use. I have deferred once my admission from January 2016 to May 2016 term because of this. Mine medical was on 16th November, 2015. I am running out of options.
Same here dude. my medical was done on 16th November and sent to embassy on 19th november. yesterday i received this email from embassy.
Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and under review. Medical examination results are awaited for further processing. Medical results are sent for processing to our Delhi Medical center and they forward the results of medical examination to us. Currently, we await your medical examination results.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Fax | Télécopieur: +92-51-208-6914
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Canadian High Commission | Haut Commissariat du Canada

Show original message

FUH

Mar 26, 2016
Irony is that University of Waterloo has told me that they will not give me a second deferral as only one time deferral is allowed. :(

shamp

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th October 2015
File Transfer...
7th October 2015
Med's Request
3rd November 2015
Med's Done....
16th November 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25th April 2016
LANDED..........
2nd May 2016
FUH said:
Irony is that University of Waterloo has told me that they will not give me a second deferral as only one time deferral is allowed. :(
Same here :l Did you try emailing embassy? when did you apply btw?

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
FUH said:
Dear FUH, trust me when I say that I am extremely sorry that you are facing this situation that my wife had faced last year. I may have an advice for you from personal experience. The visa section in Islamabad is unbelievably, absolutely ridiculously incompetent. They kept my wife's stellar application for 6 months, got everything that they needed (and she exceeded all requirements for visa by miles) yet couldn't bloody locate some documents in the file already submitted to them through VFS. We eventually withdrew application because I had a research trip to US on which I was taking my wife along. Even for withdrawal, it took them 3 weeks, 6 emails, 2 letters and a couple of phone calls from VFS to return the passport.

The only thing that worked for me, and that I would advise you to do, is to go to VFS, ask for the supervisor (he's a decent young man unlike their other staff. Can't tell you his name but you'll know when you see him. He must be in his late 20s, about 5'8"-9" tall, styles a short trimmed beard and combs hair to the side. Has a Karachiite accent. Hand-in a well written letter to him along with the screenshots of your email from IOM (they're another bunch of losers except for Adnan, the call centre manager) and any communication from your college. Ask the supervisor to guarantee you that the letter will reach the exact desk on which your case file is placed in the visa section. (The VFS/Gerry's courier man knows your specific case officer in Islamabad and can electronically track your file, though they won't be at liberty to give you that information. Fair enough.). With your letter, attach a copy of the letter with just this extra line for the visa officer to read, sign and return through courier: "I hereby sign and confirm the receipt of this letter. Date of receipt: _______". This is the only way to ensure that they receive and read your communication with them soon enough. Worked for me after everything else had failed.

It is possible that the VFS supervisor tells you that he cannot bring you the 'receipt' back. That is okay. He's not lying if he says that, though he can try. Still insist politely and ask him to give you some sort of assurance for your peace of mind that your letter will be read and acted upon. He's a reasonable guy and would most likely try to help you.

mudabbas3

Feb 11, 2016
Sorry guys for not responding during all this time. There were some issues at home that didn't let me. Let me update you on what happened.

I had done my upfront medicals on 4th november 2015
Application for canadian study permit filed on 11th november 2015
Visa approved on 29th February 2016

after that whenever i would email the CHC and ask about the status of my application they'd reply that my medical results were awaited. i asked IOM and they sent screenshots as proof of my eMedical profile updated on 6th november. After a hellish pursuit of my application, I found out both from the IOM and CHC that medical reports once done by IOM are sent to CHC Delhi Medical Office, where they're reviewed and the final results are sent to CHC Islamabad. CHC islamabad has no means of expediting this process. I even wrote to CHC Delhi but to no avail. From how I see it, CHC islamabad facilitates you in the process of your application..and then just keeps waiting for Delhi's report. Secondly, CHC responds to your emails based on what status they've for your application on the database. It's very likely that your application is being processed and the status is not updated therefore causing you to receive the same responses from CHC.

one important point to note is that you must email IOM and ask for a confirmation whether CHC has requested any additional medicals for you. This usually is a probablity with upfront medicals. Keep checking your junk mail as well for this request. If they tell you in writing that no additional medicals have been requested. Then, thats well and good.

whenever you email CHC, keep your email as short as possible. at most 2 lines. Not more than that, or they'll respond in weeks.

i received a confirmation email from CHC for the approval of my visa in my Junk mail, so make sure you regularly check that.

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
mudabbas3 said:
Sorry guys for not responding during all this time. There were some issues at home that didn't let me. Let me update you on what happened.

I had done my upfront medicals on 4th november 2015
Application for canadian study permit filed on 11th november 2015
Visa approved on 29th February 2016

after that whenever i would email the CHC and ask about the status of my application they'd reply that my medical results were awaited. i asked IOM and they sent screenshots as proof of my eMedical profile updated on 6th november. After a hellish pursuit of my application, I found out both from the IOM and CHC that medical reports once done by IOM are sent to CHC Delhi Medical Office, where they're reviewed and the final results are sent to CHC Islamabad. CHC islamabad has no means of expediting this process. I even wrote to CHC Delhi but to no avail. From how I see it, CHC islamabad facilitates you in the process of your application..and then just keeps waiting for Delhi's report. Secondly, CHC responds to your emails based on what status they've for your application on the database. It's very likely that your application is being processed and the status is not updated therefore causing you to receive the same responses from CHC.

one important point to note is that you must email IOM and ask for a confirmation whether CHC has requested any additional medicals for you. This usually is a probablity with upfront medicals. Keep checking your junk mail as well for this request. If they tell you in writing that no additional medicals have been requested. Then, thats well and good.

whenever you email CHC, keep your email as short as possible. at most 2 lines. Not more than that, or they'll respond in weeks.

i received a confirmation email from CHC for the approval of my visa in my Junk mail, so make sure you regularly check that.
Congrats for your visa approval bro. Is there any other possible way to reach CHC except emails? I have emailed them and it seems like they never reply.