+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian grandparents

tjmackrrt

Aug 11, 2020
I may not have the correct category but here goes:

Would my applyinng for permanent residence be influenced by my paternal grandfather having been born in B.C.? My paternal grandmother was also born in Quebec.
I'm considering seeking a position in a hard to fill area of healthcare

Thank you so much!

Tim Macknight

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Would my applyinng for permanent residence be influenced by my paternal grandfather having been born in B.C.? My paternal grandmother was also born in Quebec.

Thank you so much!

Tim Macknight

1. No it has no effect for EE.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018

Thank you so much!

Tim Macknight
No, it won't

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you so much!

Tim Macknight
Although it's unlikely, you *could* be a Canadian citizen IF your father was born outside of Canada before 1977 and his birth was registered with Canadian officials (or in or after 1977 w/o registration), and you were born outside of Canada in or after 1977 (but before April 17, 2009), and you were under age 28 on April 17, 2009. In that case, you wouldn't need to apply for PR.

The changes to the Citizenship Act in 2009 made your father a Canadian citizen, but didn't do the same for you, unless you were already one as outlined above.