+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Express visa and Job Bank

tito1981

Jun 9, 2016
HI dears

I have a question that i will be appreciated if u could help me in. My score is 67 which is equivalent to CRS 350 which is very low as the average draw CRS is more than 450 . Accordingly, i have been advised that i have to find a job offer to raise My point. My question here is

1- Do really job bank is a useful tool to get job offer. Is it easy ?

2- Do i have only to put my CV and they will get job for me ?

3 Do i need to check the job bank every day to check the job and apply for the suitable one by one ?

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tito1981 said:
HI dears

I have a question that i will be appreciated if u could help me in. My score is 67 which is equivalent to CRS 350 which is very low as the average draw CRS is more than 450 . Accordingly, i have been advised that i have to find a job offer to raise My point. My question here is

3 Do i need to check the job bank every day to check the job and apply for the suitable one by one ?
Improving language and education points are much easier as compared to getting job through job bank.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
tito1981 said:
HI dears

Just finding a job through job bank will not get you the additonal 600 points. It has to be badked by LMIA so even if a company is willing to hire you, they will have to be willing to go tjrough the LMIA process for you and have to get it approved by the government.

Another option you have is to look into PNP programs as a provincial,nomination also adds 600 points.

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
^ No. To tell you honestly, 90% of the jobs in the job bank cannot provide LMIA. I've been applying and looking in the job bank as well for 2 straight years now, to no avail. So I suggest you find your luck in looking to the PNPs. That's your best option for now until you get a job with positive LMIA. Get your docs ready for PNP then apply work at the same time, whatever comes first then go for it.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
tito1981 said:
Do all employers in CIC job bank is LMIA or not ?
Very few job offers in job bank would ever be able to offer LmIA. Personally, i think the whole job bank needs to get a serious makeover to be of any use for EE. As it stands, the chances of jobbank really helping anybody with their EE application are slim.

As mentioned above, you are much better off looking at PNP.

Hollie

Jun 11, 2016
Job Bank profile and showing that you have applied for jobs

Hello everyone,
I hope you can help me.

We have completed & submitted an application for PR through the the EE route, I have completed a profile on the job bank site ( sceptical about how efficient this this) however, I have applied for 6 jobs through the site, but my profile says 0.

Does anybody know if there is a process/ Validation it goes through once I have applied for jobs, in order to show on my job bank profile.

Also, in order to gain ITA does anybody know how the Government select applicants for an ITA? Is it done on candidate skills? province shortage of certain trades?

Advice would be most grateful.

Hollie

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: Job Bank profile and showing that you have applied for jobs

Hollie said:
Hello everyone,
I hope you can help me.

We have completed & submitted an application for PR through the the EE route, I have completed a profile on the job bank site ( sceptical about how efficient this this) however, I have applied for 6 jobs through the site, but my profile says 0.

Does anybody know if there is a process/ Validation it goes through once I have applied for jobs, in order to show on my job bank profile.

Also, in order to gain ITA does anybody know how the Government select applicants for an ITA? Is it done on candidate skills? province shortage of certain trades?

Advice would be most grateful.

Hollie
ITA is sent based on the score. If an applicant meets the score cut-off, then they will get an invite in their MyCIC account.

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Re: Job Bank profile and showing that you have applied for jobs

Hollie said:

Hollie
Your EE profile will not reflect anything about the jobs you have applied in the job bank. It is just a tool for you to find a job offer. Unfortunately, the job offers in job bank cannot hire non-resident applicants so I don't really think it is even helpful at all.