+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian experience proof

Sameer1414

Aug 17, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I am applying under CEC and I have the reference letter , paystubs for the Canadian experience ready with me.
Is it mandatory to include T4 / notice of tax assessment? Or is it enough to just include reference letter and paystubs?

thanks in advance!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I am applying under CEC and I have the reference letter , paystubs for the Canadian experience ready with me.
Is it mandatory to include T4 / notice of tax assessment? Or is it enough to just include reference letter and paystubs?

thanks in advance!
Yes T4s if not then notice of assessment are must.

hooper

Aug 20, 2022
Not mandatory.

there is no obligation under the regulations that CEC applicants provide a T4 tax information slip or NOA specifically with their application, and these particular documents cannot be considered conclusive evidence or the only evidence accepted for the purposes of substantiating whether an applicant has qualifying Canadian work experience. As such, in the absence of a T4 tax information slip or NOA, documents which may help substantiate the applicant’s work experience in Canada could include a record or letter of employment from the Canadian employer, work contracts and pay stubs.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html#toc2

Reactions: Phan Do