+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian experience class with ICT

chpola

Apr 13, 2018
Hello,

I have been working in Canada for an IT company for past 1 year on a closed work permit(I believe it is without LMIA). This gives me 1 year of Canadian work experience and brings some points. That still doesn't get me beyond 410 points. Do I qualify for 'valid job offer' points in my case. I am still working for same company on work permit with validity until March, 2019.

Thanks in advance.

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hello,

I have been working in Canada for an IT company for past 1 year on a closed work permit(I believe it is without LMIA). This gives me 1 year of Canadian work experience and brings some points. That still doesn't get me beyond 410 points. Do I qualify for 'valid job offer' points in my case. I am still working for same company on work permit with validity until March, 2019.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

May be try to get improve yours marks in IELTS/CELPIP, Also age factor will lower your score.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,

Merely having a job and work permit is not the same thing has having a valid job offer. It is possible for you to get the points, however, if your employer is willing to provide the job offer to you. Your ICT/LMIA exempt job does meet the criteria, but you still need a written offer of future employment for at least one year after you become a permanent resident.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

chpola

Apr 13, 2018
Merely having a job and work permit is not the same thing has having a valid job offer. It is possible for you to get the points, however, if your employer is willing to provide the job offer to you. Your ICT/LMIA exempt job does meet the criteria, but you still need a written offer of future employment for at least one year after you become a permanent resident.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html
Thanks for Response. I am confused about this sentence: "you still need a written offer of future employment for at least one year after you become a permanent resident.". An employer can give offer letter with only starting date. How can an employer provide a job offer with this clause that states the job is valid until certain time in future? or valid for one year after candidate gets PR.