+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience class. PR application Express entry

Feb 10, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR though Express entry (Canadian Express class) . I am going to submit all my documents in the coming week.
I wanted to get some guidance regarding my situation. I started my full-time job in May 2019 however I was working full time on a co-op visa untill Nov 2019, In Nov 2019 I applied for my open work permit and I continued working in the same organization. For CEC as per my understanding my experience will be counted from Nov 2019 till Nov 2020 in determining full 1 year of Canadian experience. I wanted to confirm if I need to provide explanation to immigration officer regarding my situation as all my work related document has start date as May 2019.

Not sure if I need to explain it to the immigration office or just submit my documents.

Santy18

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi All,

I have applied for my PR though Express entry (Canadian Express class) . I am going to submit all my documents in the coming week.
I wanted to get some guidance regarding my situation. I started my full-time job in May 2019 however I was working full time on a co-op visa untill Nov 2019, In Nov 2019 I applied for my open work permit and I continued working in the same organization. For CEC as per my understanding my experience will be counted from Nov 2019 till Nov 2020 in determining full 1 year of Canadian experience. I wanted to confirm if I need to provide explanation to immigration officer regarding my situation as all my work related document has start date as May 2019.

Not sure if I need to explain it to the immigration office or just submit my documents.
If you are working in Quebec, you might want to recheck on eligibility to apply for PR. I think there are some barriers.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

To be clear, you haven't applied for PR. You submitted a profile and received an invitation, a completely different thing.

It would be pretty evident for the immigration Officer, however you are given an option to submit a Letter of Explanation where you may want to add any clarifying details that will make IRCC life easier when assessing your application.

Feb 10, 2019
To be clear, you haven't applied for PR. You submitted a profile and received an invitation, a completely different thing.

It would be pretty evident for the immigration Officer, however you are given an option to submit a Letter of Explanation where you may want to add any clarifying details that will make IRCC life easier when assessing your application.

Hi thanks for the information, Its probably a good idea to add some explanation. Also I wanted to check if it's a problem changing jobs on implied status when I am waiting for a decision on the PR application. I am on my open work permit.

RikhiV

Sep 6, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Don't have
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I want to know if I can put my file in express entry pool with 11 months of Canadian experience and my job is still continue? Someone is saying that experience will be counted till the date of pr application, is it so ? Please help with your experience

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi thanks for the information, Its probably a good idea to add some explanation. Also I wanted to check if it's a problem changing jobs on implied status when I am waiting for a decision on the PR application. I am on my open work permit.
OPEN Work Permit. The OPEN means any employer.

So no, you have nothing to worry about. There is no problem.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I want to know if I can put my file in express entry pool with 11 months of Canadian experience and my job is still continue? Someone is saying that experience will be counted till the date of pr application, is it so ? Please help with your experience
You can, but you shouldn't.

If I am not mistaken you are asked to answer a question of whether you have at least 1-year of experience. You should do so when this is true, not earlier.