+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class - Points?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must have a competitive score in order to receive an invitation to apply for PR.

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
hello! can somebody explain to me how CEC is being calculated? i completely understand the minimum entry requirements for CEC. Provided i have met all these but my CRS score is still lets say 380 and these days, the min. score should be 440++ CRS in order to get ITA.

So even if i met all the requirements for CEC but didn't get the required min, CRS (which is 440++), does it mean i wont get an ITA?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello! can somebody explain to me how CEC is being calculated? i completely understand the minimum entry requirements for CEC. Provided i have met all these but my CRS score is still lets say 380 and these days, the min. score should be 440++ CRS in order to get ITA.

So even if i met all the requirements for CEC but didn't get the required min, CRS (which is 440++), does it mean i wont get an ITA?
Correct.

KPR1

Feb 19, 2021
There hasn’t been a CEC only draw in years so you would be eligible for open draws. Score is not high enough so need to be in a category based draw. EG. Last IT draw was 481.
I saw that the tech draw in Ontario doesn't always have my job title. I am in tech support. My title sometimes comes under Ontario PMP tech draw and sometimes it doesn't.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I saw that the tech draw in Ontario doesn't always have my job title. I am in tech support. My title sometimes comes under Ontario PMP tech draw and sometimes it doesn't.
Your NOC is your job responsibilities not job title. Is Ontario employer willing to sign employer form and support nomination. Is your score high enough.

KPR1

Feb 19, 2021
Your NOC is your job responsibilities not job title. Is Ontario employer willing to sign employer form and support nomination. Is your score high enough.
My score is 467 so not that high and I don't think I will get a nomination from employer as I am not a senior person there. I will still try for that. Does a non-senior people get the nomination from employer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My score is 467 so not that high and I don't think I will get a nomination from employer as I am not a senior person there. I will still try for that. Does a non-senior people get the nomination from employer?
If employer is not willing to sign the form then OINP non-EE streams are not an option, only OINP HCP stream. So your CRS score and NOC must be selected.

KPR1

Feb 19, 2021
If employer is not willing to sign the form then OINP non-EE streams are not an option, only OINP HCP stream. So your CRS score and NOC must be selected.
Yeah HCP stream is better for me. Although HCP tech draw doesn't always include tech support jobs. I looked at the history, I found that it is random under HCP tech draw for tech support.