+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class - Occupation in WP and Job title in employment letter

pankajdosi87

Feb 7, 2013
Hi,

I am planning to apply for my PR. I came to Canada in May 2012 with the NOC code 2173 and the Occupation in work permit as 'Software Engineer'. My Role in the letter submitted while applying my Work Permit was 'Test Engineer'. Then my work permit extension was applied in February 2013 with the same role as 'Test Engineer' and NOC code as 2173. I got my work permit with the Occupation as 'Test Engineer' this time. Now in the Employment reference letter, it is mentioned that My role is 'Test Analyst' right from May 2012. Test Analyst is basically the designation i hold in my company.

While filling the forms, I have mentioned my Occupation and activity as 'Test Analyst' throughout all the forms (Generic application form, Background Info Form and Canadian Exp class form). My doubt is - Is it fine to have 'Test Analyst' in the employment reference letter and 'Test Engineer' in the Work Permit? Also that my work permit was applied with the Role as 'Test Engineer' and not as 'Test Analyst'?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pankajdosi87 said:
While filling the forms, I have mentioned my Occupation and activity as 'Test Analyst' throughout all the forms (Generic application form, Background Info Form and Canadian Exp class form). My doubt is - Is it fine to have 'Test Analyst' in the employment reference letter and 'Test Engineer' in the Work Permit? Also that my work permit was applied with the Role as 'Test Engineer' and not as 'Test Analyst'?
That's fine, you should use the job title your company has given you, the titles associated with NOCs are just examples.

What you do need to be certain of, is that the job duties described in the letter correspond with the main duties of NOC 2173 -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/quicksearch.aspx?val65=2173