File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My concern is I was away for 3 weeks and it was approved by the company (does it really matters).
Yes, it matters. If it was paid vacation, it counts as employment. If it was unpaid leave of absence, it does not count ...

My score is 448 and there is a draw expected on Sep 19. Based on the current trend, I may get an ITA so, should I create my profile on Sep 17?
That would be OK.

kawal.singh

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Well, I get paid on hourly basis and I get 4% of the total pay as vacation pay which keeps on getting accrued.

When I was on vacation, I asked payroll dept to process whatever amount I accrued at that point of time.

Should I wait for another month in this case?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Well, I get paid on hourly basis and I get 4% of the total pay as vacation pay which keeps on getting accrued.

4% is the equivalent of 2 weeks (10 working days) of vacation. You can claim 2 weeks of paid vacation.

When I was on vacation, I asked payroll dept to process whatever amount I accrued at that point of time.

Should I wait for another month in this case?

At least one extra week -

kawal.singh

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thank you for your reply.

I will create my profile on Oct 4th, day after the draw to be on a safer side.

I want to ask a question on behalf of my friend. He's an international student like me and did only 1 yr of studies. His studies finished in the month of August, 2018 and he's not taking another program. He has decided to apply for PSWP but he has not done yet since, he's only going to get it for 1 year (not enough to find a job and complete requirements to apply under CEC). He's looking for a job which makes him eligible to apply PR under CEC.

In case, he finds a job, starts working and then apply for PSWP (it may take 1-2 months for approval). Will his experience count from the date he joins the organisation or from the date PSWP was applied or from the date his PSWP gets approve?

At the moment, he's having a valid study permit and SIN. He's aware that he have to apply PSWP within 3 months of graduation. So, he's trying to use this grace period towards his job search. Is it a good move?

motovwe

Sep 25, 2018
Hi Friends.

I graduated from college in August 2017 and got job immediately as a supervisor on NOC B. Note my study permit is still valid as at the time i got the job and i have graduated. I applied for post graduation work on 4 November 2017.

1. My question is when does my work experiences starts to count? is it August or November 4.

2. I did changed jobs and i have worked for 3 employers since august 2017 till date. Will this affects my CEC.

Best Regards,
Motovwe

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends.

I graduated from college in August 2017 and got job immediately as a supervisor on NOC B. Note my study permit is still valid as at the time i got the job and i have graduated. I applied for post graduation work on 4 November 2017.

1. My question is when does my work experiences starts to count? is is August or November 4.

2. I changed jobs in i have worked for 3 employers since august 2017 till date. Will this affects my CEC

Best Regards,
Motovwe
1 - November 4th.

2 - No.

3 - If you were working full-time Post-graduation then you were working illegally.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response.

That means my work experience starts November 4 2017.

i read from the cic.gov that since i have graduated i can woork full time with my study permit.

please help to throw more light here.

thanks.
No, like I said you were working illegally during that period of time. This is a common mistake people do which has been discussed extensively in this forum.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I want to ask a question on behalf of my friend. He's an international student like me and did only 1 yr of studies. His studies finished in the month of August, 2018 and he's not taking another program. He has decided to apply for PSWP but he has not done yet since, he's only going to get it for 1 year (not enough to find a job and complete requirements to apply under CEC). He's looking for a job which makes him eligible to apply PR under CEC.

In case, he finds a job, starts working and then apply for PSWP (it may take 1-2 months for approval). Will his experience count from the date he joins the organisation or from the date PSWP was applied or from the date his PSWP gets approve?

Your friend is not currently authorized to work. He can look for work, but as soon as he finds a job, he must apply for his PGWP before he starts. He is eligible to work after he applies for the PGWP, and the work experience will count.

At the moment, he's having a valid study permit and SIN. He's aware that he have to apply PSWP within 3 months of graduation. So, he's trying to use this grace period towards his job search. Is it a good move? It is within the rules, and makes sense...

kawal.singh

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey Guys, I got the ITA in yesterday's draw.

I have few concerns:

1. My job is Mobile Security Supervisor but it's not listed in NOC - 6316. The one listed is Security Guard Supervisor. Basically, a security guard supervisor works at a specific site and manages security operation on site, whereas a Mobile Security Supervisor drives around in their assigned quadrant, deals with emergency, respond to alarms, do random spot check on static guards, train guards and do client servicing as well. Should I stick to my title or get it changed on my employment letter ?

2. The company where I'm currently working has been taken over by another company (officially Jan 2018). I'm still on old payroll as transition is taking longer than the usual time and it will take another couple of months. They haven't closed the company yet. Should I use old company's employment letter and have the takeover mention on it ?

Shivrajsinh

Sep 20, 2018
@DelPiero07 How does overlapping of job works? I have changed my job and, for a week I was employed full time in both job.

First Job: end date is September 14th. (Full Time written in Experience Letter by employer)
Second Date: Start Date is 7th September. (Full time written by employer in letter as well)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPiero07 How does overlapping of job works? I have changed my job and, for a week I was employed full time in both job.

First Job: end date is September 14th. (Full Time written in Experience Letter by employer)
Second Date: Start Date is 7th September. (Full time written by employer in letter as well)
How does it works in what sense? - You can explain the situation in a LOE if you wish to do so.