+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Clarification Needed

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
pooja.mv2003 said:
I have full-time continuous Canadian experience .
I am working from Feb 2013 - till now.
Yet my experience was not accepted by the express entry system.
That cant be possible. Did u check it again ??

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Maplemadness82 said:
Me too exactly. Be very careful and submit a case specific query and have the response noted. For me, I was away for 8 weeks from Canada on vacation and my 12 month will complete end of March. But, I still got the 12 months CEC points when I am actually short of 8 weeks.
Have you written them about this?

Dka_Canada

Jan 26, 2015
Hi Ashraf,
Even I am in a similar situation.

Last night, I created and submitted my EE profile and although I have 1 year and 10 months of Canadian experience, my Canadian experience Points were 0.

Were you able to find a solution to this problem. Pls share if you were able to trace or atleast a mail ID to contct such technical difficulties should help.

Thanks in advance!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It appears that new Ministerial Instructions lump CEC with FSW and requires points be calculated only with 1 year continuous work experience. CEC, or more specifically, non-LMIA work permit applicants really get shafted by the new EE regime.

I really hope this is just oversight as it seems a tad draconian toward non-LMIA work permit holders.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
pziegler1986 said:
It appears that new Ministerial Instructions lump CEC with FSW and requires points be calculated only with 1 year continuous work experience. CEC, or more specifically, non-LMIA work permit applicants really get shafted by the new EE regime.

I really hope this is just oversight as it seems a tad draconian toward non-LMIA work permit holders.
Why? What prevents Open permit holders from obtaining 1 year of continuous work experience?

fuyiii

Jan 21, 2015
mikek27 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp

It says continuous there.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

It does not say continuous there.

lol :D , CIC is messing with us all....
omg seriously?! which one should we follow, I sure hope it will not be continuous!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
Why? What prevents Open permit holders from obtaining 1 year of continuous work experience?
- The span of the permit, plenty of open permits are only 12 months;
- Nature of the jobs you will find tend to be restricted to contracts spanning 3-12 months

It's almost impossible on a 12 month permit, possible on a 24 month but still difficult due to nature of contract roles.

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hello guys,
i apply for ee ,
my score comes to 368,
but i check the calculate here its shows 376.
the difference comes in my education points,
i have 4 year Mechanical engineering degree and one year Canadian diploma, but my point comes to 120 , here if i check its shows me 128 with 3 year degree and one year diploma from Canadian College , i evaluate my degree from WES ,
can any one explain this whats going on with my profile,,
Thanks in Advance

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have between 1-2 years of non continuous Canadian work experience and was awarded the 40 points by the CRS despite having two different 'employers'