Mar 6, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Hello all,

I have received the ECA for my wife's education credentials from WES, she has completed her B. com from Panjab University which is stated as a bachelor degree from WES however for her MBA which is from Kurukshetra University, WES has given the canadian equivalency of ,"Post graduate diploma-one year" .

If anyone has fallen in this situation, kindly suggest what option to select while filling the details for her education.Options that we get in the drop down are
  • No or less than Secondary
  • Secondary education
  • One year program at university
  • Two year program at university
  • Bachelor Degree
  • MAster Degree
  • Phd.

Kindly help and give your suggestion for selecting the options from the above mentioned list

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
You will have to enter her education individually.

First, B.com is Bachelor Degree.
Second, MBA is One year program at University.

The system will calculate your score automatically

kunalfred

Mar 6, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
You will have to enter her education individually.

First, B.com is Bachelor Degree.
Second, MBA is One year program at University.

The system will calculate your score automatically
Hello Sith,
Thanks for understanding the concern.
I am in a doubt that the one year program at university is giving me more points or not..?? I read a few blogs which say that "two or more certificate options" fits in this situation however i don't see any such option while filling details in the profile.
One year program is the only option i understand because in my understanding this one year program stands valid iff this one year program has been completed after at least 3 years of study in college/University(In big doubt for this one).

Also when i select the Level of education in India, do i select a Masters from the drop down list and then the canadian equivalency as one year program at university(For Post graduate diploma -one year) from drop down option.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello Sith,
Thanks for understanding the concern.
I am in a doubt that the one year program at university is giving me more points or not..?? I read a few blogs which say that "two or more certificate options" fits in this situation however i don't see any such option while filling details in the profile.
One year program is the only option i understand because in my understanding this one year program stands valid iff this one year program has been completed after at least 3 years of study in college/University(In big doubt for this one).

Also when i select the Level of education in India, do i select a Masters from the drop down list and then the canadian equivalency as one year program at university(For Post graduate diploma -one year) from drop down option.
Yes, you qualify for two or more certificates.

As long as you have a 3 year program. It doesn't matter whether you have completed 1 year program before the 3 year program or after.

Yes, you should selected master's as Indian qualification and one year program at University as Canadian equivalency

kunalfred

Mar 6, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Thanks Sith for your support,

I also need your expertise in selecting the field of study for myself.
I have studied electrical Engineering in by Bachelor and and Masters(B. Tech and M. Tech), while i select the field of study, i don't get a relevant option matching the engineering domain. For now i have selected "others" as an option however in a few blogs i read that Applied science may also fit but i doubt that Engineering any way falls under applied sciences.

Kindly also suggest the field of study i can chose for Engineering.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks Sith for your support,

I also need your expertise in selecting the field of study for myself.
I have studied electrical Engineering in by Bachelor and and Masters(B. Tech and M. Tech), while i select the field of study, i don't get a relevant option matching the engineering domain. For now i have selected "others" as an option however in a few blogs i read that Applied science may also fit but i doubt that Engineering any way falls under applied sciences.

Kindly also suggest the field of study i can chose for Engineering.
Long time ago, I read that all Engineering falls under Applied Sciences category