+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian employer refusing to give Experience Letter.

nitinsaini07

Nov 18, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am a Pharmacist currently residing in British Columbia, Canada. I was on LMIA approved work permit until I resigned in October,2017. I am not employed anymore with the same employer. Though, I gained 1.5 years of work experience work for that employer. Based on that, I applied in Express Entry and got an invitation under CEC.
I am at the stage where I need to upload my documents. I have all the documents ready except the experience letter because my employer clearly refused to provide me that. The reason for refusal is so idiotic.

She writes : I received your email requesting ANOTHER letter and to be perfectly honest I am very tired of providing you with all your documentation.It is no longer my responsibility since you are no longer our employee.

I have pay stubs and record of employment as a proof to prove that I worked with them but do not have letter stating the jobs and responsibilities from my employer. Please suggest.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask a colleague to write you a letter in plain paper and provide proof that such person works for that company.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can upload whatever you have plus the e-mail of your employer refusing to provide the reference letter.

It is still quite risky so up to you if you decide to move forward with your application.

Cecapplicant17

Oct 15, 2017
You can get a former colleague still presently working in the company to write a reference letter for you, then get that letter notarized.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Friends,
She writes : I received your email requesting ANOTHER letter and to be perfectly honest I am very tired of providing you with all your documentation.It is no longer my responsibility since you are no longer our employee.

Do you have other letters written previously?

I have pay stubs and record of employment as a proof to prove that I worked with them but do not have letter stating the jobs and responsibilities from my employer. Please suggest.

Do you have your T4 and NOA from last year? The ROE is good to have. Include a copy of your pharmacist registration. Then write a letter of explanation about your employer's refusal to write the letter, and include a copy of the email.

The role of pharmacist is regulated, so as long as you have the registration from the College of Pharmacists of BC, and any document proving you worked as a Pharmacist (e.g. the T4, ROE), then your LOE will most likely be accepted. A letter from a former colleague is nice if you can get it (it does not have to be notarized, just needs to have all current contact information).

nitinsaini07

Nov 18, 2017
Hi Jes,
yes I do have an experience letter from August2017 when I was employed and applied for PR but at that time my application was refused due to incompleteness (IELTS expired during the process, On that experience letter my status is written as CURRENTLY EMPLOYED. That is the reason I asked her new experience letter after my last day of work. I do have T4 and ROE.

Following this, I also want to ask if I should get police certificates again before I upload my documents. My previous police certificates are within the 6 months time frame (they were issued in July2017) . However, I am just wondering if they need the PCC to be valid during the whole process of PR application after AOR (lets say I get AOR 1 December,2017).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Jes,
yes I do have an experience letter from August2017 when I was employed and applied for PR but at that time my application was refused due to incompleteness (IELTS expired during the process, On that experience letter my status is written as CURRENTLY EMPLOYED. That is the reason I asked her new experience letter after my last day of work. I do have T4 and ROE.

If it was incomplete because of the IELTS, then you can probably re-use the letter. I suggest including the old letter with the explanation - as long as the letter covers at least 1 year of experience, then it will be better than no letter. And including the T4 and ROE are good.

Following this, I also want to ask if I should get police certificates again before I upload my documents. My previous police certificates are within the 6 months time frame (they were issued in July2017) . However, I am just wondering if they need the PCC to be valid during the whole process of PR application after AOR (lets say I get AOR 1 December,2017).

Use the old PCCs if they are still valid. They only have to meet the requirements at the time you submit the eAPR.

nitinsaini07

Nov 18, 2017
Hey Jes,
I submitted my file got AOR on 2 Dec,2017.
In my file the status says "Medicals Passed"
Does it mean, they have accepted my application as complete application,and they are not going to return it as incomplete?

Please answer.
Thanks

Naval Multani

Jun 8, 2020
Hi everyone,
Actually, my employer gave me job experience letter with only my name my position and address of the company she signed the paper but didn't put her contact info.
There is more, she fired me without any reason and asked me to sign false paper through lawyer.
Can i able to use that as my experience letter in federal file.
Please advise me if anyone can
Thank you,
Navaldeep Kaur

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone,
Actually, my employer gave me job experience letter with only my name my position and address of the company she signed the paper but didn't put her contact info.
There is more, she fired me without any reason and asked me to sign false paper through lawyer.
Can i able to use that as my experience letter in federal file.
Please advise me if anyone can
Thank you,
Navaldeep Kaur

1. No, you need an experience letter out lining your working duties.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Naval Multani

Jun 8, 2020
Hi

1. No, you need an experience letter out lining your working duties.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
reference letter from part time currently working employee will work?