+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Education points

Diy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Hi
In my EE profile previously I got 30 points for my part time Canadian Masters degree however after making a new profile I do not get any point for the same degree. I have entered exactly the same information as I did before in my profile. Can not figure out the issue.

* I had to make my new profile as all the information got deleted from my previous profile after a small update in my application.

Has anyone else out there experienced anything similar???

thegeek

Jun 16, 2018
Hi
In my EE profile previously I got 30 points for my part time Canadian Masters degree however after making a new profile I do not get any point for the same degree. I have entered exactly the same information as I did before in my profile. Can not figure out the issue.

* I had to make my new profile as all the information got deleted from my previous profile after a small update in my application.

Has anyone else out there experienced anything similar???
Did you choose stating something like "English or French language" while uploading? If yes, you meant that your Masters had ESL training (invalid).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Points for Canadian educational credential
30 (1)
The points that may be assigned for Canadian educational credential factors are the following:

• (a) 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
  • (b) 15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program; and
  • c) 30 points, if the foreign national has
    • (i) an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (ii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • (iii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.
Highest level of education
(2) Points are to be assigned under subsection (1) only for the eligible credential corresponding to the highest level of education for which the foreign national meets the requirements of subsection (3).

Requirements
(3) Points are only assigned under subsection (1) if, for the purpose of obtaining the credential, the foreign national

• (a) studied in Canada at a Canadian educational institution;
  • (b) was enrolled in full-time study or training for at least eight months; and
  • (c) was physically present in Canada for at least eight months.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html