+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Driving License(DL)

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Need info from someone who would have shifted to Canada and have been able to successfully exchange his or her country license with a Canadian Class 5 license without appearing for any knowledge or road test.

As per the reciprocal licensing poilicy,if you are holding a DL from a ctry (which is in specified list),you need not appear for any knowledge/road test.

I need to check how difficult was the process in terms of requirement of various documents(in case we need to show any document form the reciprocal country)

cheers!

potcakes

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every province is different, NS I had to do a written and practical test. Ontario I just did the eye exam, and they took all my licences off me :mad: (I had a Turks and Caicos license too), they then took my money and gave me my licence. I think I had to show insurance too. It was easy.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I exchanged my US DL in Ontario and also only had to take the vision test. I did have to prove that I lived in Ontario (lease agreement) and had to tell the worker that the exchange was permitted as the regular workers were on strike. I've hear others say they had to show a driving record from their home country, but I did not.