jilaniroy

Mar 28, 2014
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
I have a Canadian diploma (PhD, McGill). The original document is in Latin. I requested them to provide me a translated copy. They sent me an English translation on a plan paper signed and stamped by university Registrar. On CIC website, it says

"Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by

-the English or French translation; and
-an affidavit from the person who completed the translation, if required."

Question: Do I have to get the affidavit? I don't think university will provide any such thing. Or I should get it translated from a translator and then ask him/her to provide me an affidavit along with translation?

Any experience will be appreciated.
Thanks

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Typically, when you get your PhD diploma (in Latin for some schools in Canada), it usually comes with an English translation that bears the official seal of your University signed by the registrar; this should suffice.

jilaniroy

Mar 28, 2014
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi tosinosho1992

Thanks for the reply. That's a relief.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Typically, when you get your PhD diploma (in Latin for some schools in Canada), it usually comes with an English translation that bears the official seal of your University signed by the registrar; this should suffice.
I am in similar situation. Received 2 versions of degree. I had originally uploaded only English Translation (written so on top). Now uploaded version in local language through CSE. Now I'm confused if I should have provided affidavit of translator as well.

I have a Canadian diploma (PhD, McGill). The original document is in Latin. I requested them to provide me a translated copy. They sent me an English translation on a plan paper signed and stamped by university Registrar. On CIC website, it says

"Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by

-the English or French translation; and
-an affidavit from the person who completed the translation, if required."

Question: Do I have to get the affidavit? I don't think university will provide any such thing. Or I should get it translated from a translator and then ask him/her to provide me an affidavit along with translation?

Any experience will be appreciated.
Thanks
jilaniroy - can you please confirm if there was any impact because of these documents?

jilaniroy

Mar 28, 2014
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
I uploaded both Latin and English versions that I received from University. For additional surety I got it translated by a certified translation agency along with an affidavit for translation stamped by notary public (in Toronto). Application is still in progress!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I uploaded both Latin and English versions that I received from University. For additional surety I got it translated by a certified translation agency along with an affidavit for translation stamped by notary public (in Toronto). Application is still in progress!
Thanks! My medical is expected to be passed around 18th of June. So I don't think my CSE will reach them in time. Let's see.