+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian Daughter

canadian2001

Aug 27, 2008
Since me and my wife were out of Canada for more than 5 years and I believed that we already lost our PR status, is there any problem for my canadian daughter whos is just 7 years old or she need to get back to Canada? does she lost her citizenship too? And What is the legal age for her to petition us? Can she help us to enter Canada again? please advice.... Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadian2001 said:
Since me and my wife were out of Canada for more than 5 years and I believed that we already lost our PR status, is there any problem for my canadian daughter whos is just 7 years old or she need to get back to Canada? does she lost her citizenship too? And What is the legal age for her to petition us? Can she help us to enter Canada again? please advice.... Thanks
No, she doesn't lose her citizenship, she has to be 18 to sponsor you.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also if your daughter were to sponsor you when she turns 18, she would have to show sufficient income in the previous year.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the airline will accept her as a ticket, why not.

No, really, your canadian daugther has absolutely nothing to do with your immigration status in Canada. She can come to Canada because she is a citizen, she can live there but she is still to young to do that on her own. Which is why you, her parent, need to get a work permit or PR if you want to live in Canada with her. Since you don't have a PR card, you can try applying for a travel document, try to find compelling reasons to explain why you didn't meet your residency requirements. If it works, good for you, if not, you have lost your PR and need to get it back.

If you want to get it back, either apply as a skilled worker under the points system or try to find a job and work permit and get into a provincial nominee program.

canadian2001

Aug 27, 2008
By the way, what is the process on this Provincial Nominee Program? I mean how long it will take to become a PR again? Will it take a shorter period of time compare to applying again as a skilled worker and become a landed immigrant??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Provincial nominee programs are definitely faster. You need to look at the different provinces websites and find out what professions they are approving and if you fit in there somewhere. You need a job offer and work permit and apply to that provinces program. You could have your PR in less than a year. Should definitely be faster than applying as a skilled again.