+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian college still hasn't refunded my tuition

Maima

Aug 8, 2014
Hey guys,
Approximately 8 months ago I applied to Seneca College in Toronto, Ontario Canada. Couple of months later I received a letter of admission from Seneca and I payed one full semester in advance. However, 2 weeks after I made that payment, I also received another letter of admission from a University in Russia, and I decided to study in a University in Russia instead. So I requested a refund for my tuition from Seneca college (I submitted my refund one month before the start of the semester) and they sent me the following email:

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you will not be able to join us for your studies.
We received your refund documents on August 5, 2015. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for all refund processing.
If you have any other questions, please call the International Admissions Office at +1 416-493-4144 Ext. 22364.
Kind regards,

International Admissions

It's been nearly 9 weeks and they still haven't refunded my tuition. I sent them an email 4 days ago asking them for an update on the status of the refund and they still haven't responded to that either. I'm seriously starting to get worried here, I will be sending them another email today and I really hope they're not trying to scam me or anything, I mean, it's a Canadian college come on! The last thing you'd expect is to get scammed by a college in a developed country. The last thing I'd want to do now is to take legal action against them, I am currently studying in Russia and I'm very happy here and I don't want any sort of conflict between me and some Canadian College over a refund. They did mention that refund through wire transfer takes a significantly longer time to process but I mean, it's already been 8 weeks.
Any advice you guys? Thanks.

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
It has been a long time. Why dont you call their International office?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Huh. Seneca is legit, but probably they drag their feet on refunds? How did you pay your tuition fee? was it through bank transfer?

Try calling their international office or talk to your international student coordinator? Make a lot of noise and don't just wait so that they'll act on it faster