+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship

ragilabib

Oct 17, 2013
Hi all,
Just wondering if any of you can help and guide me!
I'm working on my Canadian Citizenship application ,Regarding the Language evidence Do i have to take the IELTS test ?! I already speak english and I do have my Bcomm. Degree from my country. I believe I can tick the second box that shows Diploma,Certificate of Transcript in English! Correct ? Any advise..I need help please..

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Hi Ragi,

i am not sure if this website will help you, please check it out:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

when i applied for Citizenship , the English test was not required, but i am sure a lot of people in this forum can help you with that.

Goooood luck ;)

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
ragilabib said:
Hi all,
I'm working on my Canadian Citizenship application ,Regarding the Language evidence Do i have to take the IELTS test ?! I already speak english and I do have my Bcomm. Degree from my country. I believe I can tick the second box that shows Diploma,Certificate of Transcript in English! Correct ? Any advise..I need help please..
If your degree courses were strictly taught in English, then yes you should have no problems using your degree or transcript as proof of English language.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ragilabib said:
Hi all,
My anecdotal impression from posters here is that if your qualifications are from a country where the native language is english/ french you are ok but if its a non english speaking country despite your qualification being attained via a course taught in english/ french the odds are less in your favor with an increased risk of return. Obviously a statistical breakdown would be more helpful but this isn't happening. If I was an applicant today I would do one of the 3rd party tests to avoid CIC's obvious subjectivity.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Msafiri said:
My anecdotal impression from posters here is that if your qualifications are from a country where the native language is english/ french you are ok but if its a non english speaking country despite your qualification being attained via a course taught in english/ french the odds are less in your favor with an increased risk of return. Obviously a statistical breakdown would be more helpful but this isn't happening. If I was an applicant today I would do one of the 3rd party tests to avoid CIC's obvious subjectivity.
Yes, I should have added your case is stronger if your country of education's official language is English (or French).

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used my diploma as language (English) proof and it was accepted. The entire course was taught in English and i notarized the photocopy of my diploma before sending.

ragilabib said:
Hi all,

Waitingforcitizenship

Oct 4, 2013
ragilabib said:
Hi all,
If you can take IELTS exam, that really works.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
CILPEP - is easier and cheeper than IELTS because in the latter you will have to pass all four listening, speaking, reading and writing, whilst in the former only the required listening and speaking. Dispite our constant critique of the CIC (often deserved) they did a good job of creating a very self-explanatory web site ( a link was provided in a previous email) which gets ignored or underused heavily by many based on enquiries or comments rampent in this forum. It's quite unfortunate that many have propensity to circumvent and search for answers anywhere and everywhere but in the place where they are.