+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE TABLE (COAST TO COAST)

Vitelle

Jul 11, 2014
Here is my timeline. I hope it helps everyone:

Became Permanent Resident: July 23, 2003

Citizenship application sent: July 5, 2011
Application Received: July 8, 2011
In Process: March 21, 2012
AOR & Discover Canada: July 31, 2012
Test and RQ: August 28, 2012
Reviewed by the judge: June 20th, 2014

I had the test done on August 28th, 2012 and the interviewer handed me the RQ right after the interview. I sent all the documentation 2.5 weeks after the test. I haven't heard any news back from them since. I called CIC this morning and the officer said "Your file was sent to the judge on June 20th, 2014 for final review." He also mentioned that currently there is no further delay so I should hear the decision soon.

Jun 26, 2014
Here is my husbands timeline for Edmonton, can soneone ease add it to the spreadsheet please. I cant on my device. Thanks

He became a permanent resident on November 7, 2008 and has never left Canada.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 6, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

bystander

Jul 14, 2014
Vitelle,
Which city are you applying from?
Thanks

Vitelle said:
Here is my timeline. I hope it helps everyone:

Became Permanent Resident: July 23, 2003

Citizenship application sent: July 5, 2011
Application Received: July 8, 2011
In Process: March 21, 2012
AOR & Discover Canada: July 31, 2012
Test and RQ: August 28, 2012
Reviewed by the judge: June 20th, 2014

I had the test done on August 28th, 2012 and the interviewer handed me the RQ right after the interview. I sent all the documentation 2.5 weeks after the test. I haven't heard any news back from them since. I called CIC this morning and the officer said "Your file was sent to the judge on June 20th, 2014 for final review." He also mentioned that currently there is no further delay so I should hear the decision soon.

bystander

Jul 14, 2014
How about you Tommygirl20247? Which city are you applying from?

Tommygirl20247 said:
Here is my husbands timeline for Edmonton, can soneone ease add it to the spreadsheet please. I cant on my device. Thanks

He became a permanent resident on November 7, 2008 and has never left Canada.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 6, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

pmehley

Jul 21, 2014
Application sent on January 9, 2014.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 13, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 13, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 10, 2014.

We sent you a notice on June 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 11, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on July 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which CIC office processed your application?

pmehley said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 13, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 13, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on June 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 11, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on July 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow applicants,

Glad news, received the letter to write the test and appear for interview today. It was dated 18/July, received it on 22/July 2014. eCase has not been updated as of the time I posted this message. My test date will be 12/Aug/2014 and my local office is Calgary. As a recap these are my timelines,

Applied first on 6/December/2012, got the package returned Jan end as the documents sent was insufficient. Applied back on 7/March/2013. Received a letter of enquiry (to the best of myknowledge not an RQ as it didnt mention RQ anywhere in the letter and it didnt request any supplementary documents) asking to be more specific and clear about my absences from Canada since I become PR which is when I first landed. Sent the letter and followed up on January 2014. Through agents an approximate Local Office Transfer (LOT) could be benchmarked at 28/Dec/2013 as the agent did mention to callback if nothing is heard back before 28/Sept/2014 which is the 9th month mark from the date of LOT.

i feel i've come only half way as the time to oath is the hardest and most testy. Please feel free to ask any other questions, I will keep you posted about further developments. And, I got to dust up the discover canada PDF now Wink Grin its been ages I read it. I also came to know that there's an audio file available now, VOW! is it amazing or what!

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The timeline tabulation based on postings from this forum has more than 280 entries to date (240 are complete timelines until oath ceremony date).
Thanks for all the contributions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

pmehley

Jul 21, 2014
Got my Canadian Citizenship on July 29, 2014 Finally!! Once in a lifetime experience attending the ceremony it was.

Wish you all the best for a fast processing.

pmehley said:

aweys780

Aug 18, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 13, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a notice on May 6, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 13, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

and passed the test and got RQ and send it back june 15,2013
and still waiting u know what can u do >? right just patient and more patient as of [AUG 18-2014] (37 months and 5 days and counting so guys stop complaining live ur normal lives and stop thinking about it got it peace :D

Vitelle

Jul 11, 2014
Vancouver applicant. Just in case if this info helpful for everyone. I am reposting my timeline again:

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 8, 2011.
  • We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 8, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  • We started processing your application on March 21, 2012.
  • We sent you a notice on July 31, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  • We sent you a notice on August 13, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 2, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
aweys780 said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 13, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a notice on May 6, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 13, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

and passed the test and got RQ and send it back june 15,2013
and still waiting u know what can u do >? right just patient and more patient as of [AUG 18-2014] (37 months and 5 days and counting so guys stop complaining live ur normal lives and stop thinking about it got it peace :D
I'm confused, you stated that you were being sent the oath invitation to be held on June 6th, but you got RQ after the test, so have you gotten your oath or not?