+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian CItizenship query .....

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I apply for citizenship , with the supporting papers can i submit each months rent receipts which means all total 36 rent receipts of the accordingly 36 months and also the 3 year tax file return ?

Or a single page stating I have stayed 3 yrs on this rented apartment as I am currently staying here and will fill up the 3 years here.... ?

So that cic dont have any doubt about my application and delays my application cause i heard normally people stayed 3 yrs though they were send residency questionnaire sometimes letter asking for rent receipts

Hope to get reply soon .....

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could send your rent receipts but they don't prove that you were living in the apartment. You can rent an apartment and live somewhere else. Records of having worked somewhere or studied are much better as proof. Your CBSA travel history too and you can also get a list of your usage of the health care system from your health care.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So basically I can send the CBSA traveller history photocopy basically the study record I dont hav any as it has been 1 year and i am out of studies ....

But I just have the student ID card dat i enrolled in the program but i lost the time table so will the student ID card work out? about the medical record ... i have not been sick recently but i have the health card brother, so what else more is necessary ?

So,

1. CBSA Travel History
2. Rent Receipt

Those r the both I have

wont it be solid ..?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you enrolled in something but you didn't continue with your studies and you never had a job? If you had worked, bank records showing payroll transactions or even your pay slips would have been good proof or a letter from the employer stating you worked there from date 1 to date 2 and don't forget your tax assessments.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother Leon

I couldnt find a job nor my studies in college did enroll in a college but it was tough so dropped what i have is bank transactions per month will the bank statement for 36 months work ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turboracer said:
Brother Leon

I couldnt find a job nor my studies in college did enroll in a college but it was tough so dropped what i have is bank transactions per month will the bank statement for 36 months work ?
So for 3 years, you couldn't find any job? How do you support yourself? If the bank records show you having income or living off savings and show you purchasing things in Canada, it should help.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother leon,

i get income from bak home every month will that monthly bank statements work for 36 months ?

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I buy every thing from credit card every month so i pay the credit card expenses 4 times a month frm bank account so i buy every thing from credit card if i give my credit card statements for 36 months is dat ok ?

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Nope your credit card can be used by someone else, in your case your 36 month presence required visit to some one like Doctor, College attendence, any welfare organization attendence or your prove that you have constantly visiting some where. In one case CIC asked to provide a letter from landlord or renting agency where landlord has to confirm they met with person numbers of time, like at least once in a month.

Any abnormal thing like not visiting doctor for three years, not having any confirm source of earning, expenses only through one credit card could raise a doubt.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turboracer said:
Brother leon,

i get income from bak home every month will that monthly bank statements work for 36 months ?
Since you have income back home and have you reported that income in your T1 of the Canadian income tax return? If so, provide that and the notice of assessment for those years.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
question to hasher, steaky or leon :

I used rogers for my internet cable that is a good proof isnt it?

for 36 months will I show that too ?

hope to get reply soon

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can show that too but having rented an apartment and having cable there or a telephone will not prove that you were living there. Even using the telephone will not prove it because someone else may have been staying at the apartment and using your phone and credit card as well. However, all your proof put together, maybe they will believe you.

Do you have no place that you go on a regular basis? If you have a gym that you go to and you can get a letter verifying that you are a member there and coming there since whenever, that could help. Same if you are doing some other activity on a regular basis. If you ever go to the dentist, you can get a letter from them stating when you had appointments there. Every little bit helps.