File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One more question. Can he submit application for spouse as well together with children citizenship applications? Which category will that be? Can anyone mention form numbers or a link? Thanks
The spouse cannot apply for citizenship. So no, the applications cannot be submitted together.

He has to apply separately to sponsor his spouse for permanent residency first. This is a separate process with many forms. He will also need to prove he plans to move to Canada to live there as soon as the PR application is approved for his spouse. How does he plan to do this given how long it's been since he was in Canada? In my opinion he will need to move to Canada first before spousal sponsorship will be possible.

Reactions: bonaparte

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can a Canadian citizen (father) living in Pakistan apply for citizenship of his 4 children 2 sons 2 daughters ( ages 26, 28, 33, 35 ). 26 and 35 are daughters who are married. Father is a naturalized Canadian and all kids were born in Pakistan. First generation. The immigration & citizenship website says there is no age limit to claim Canadian citizenship if one parent is Canadian. Thanks for help
Are his children married or have children? If so this will complicate things. The children will have to sponsor their own spouses and children. Given that they have never lived in Canada and their father hasn’t lived in Canada for decades they may have to move to Canada in order to prove that they can sponsor their family and also support them financially in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One more question. Can he submit application for spouse as well together with children citizenship applications? Which category will that be? Can anyone mention form numbers or a link? Thanks
Do you have significant savings? The cost of living in Canada is very high and you will not have worked in Canada long enough to qualify for things like much CPP even if you work for a few years. Even if you had maxed out your CPP it would be difficult to live in most of Canada. You will need to show that you can financially support your spouse without government support as part of the application.

bonaparte

Aug 16, 2019
Are his children married or have children? If so this will complicate things. The children will have to sponsor their own spouses and children. Given that they have never lived in Canada and their father hasn’t lived in Canada for decades they may have to move to Canada in order to prove that they can sponsor their family and also support them financially in Canada.
Two daughters are married. One has a newborn. Once they receive citizenships will move to Canada. Husbands are well educated and settled. So I guess it won't be an issue. Father is getting old so he wants to to apply.

bonaparte

Aug 16, 2019
Do you have significant savings? The cost of living in Canada is very high and you will not have worked in Canada long enough to qualify for things like much CPP even if you work for a few years. Even if you had maxed out your CPP it would be difficult to live in most of Canada. You will need to show that you can financially support your spouse without government support as part of the application.
Yes, father has significant savings.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Two daughters are married. One has a newborn. Once they receive citizenships will move to Canada. Husbands are well educated and settled. So I guess it won't be an issue. Father is getting old so he wants to to apply.
The daughters will have to sponsor their children and husbands once they have citizenship. Their children don’t get citizenship. The daughters need to show proof that they are moving to Canada (house, lease, job opportunities, funds).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Without any history in Canada the daughter may need to go to Canada first and establish ties, find employment to show she can support her family in Canada, etc. Her child and spouse may not be able to get a TRV to join her. You’ll need to wait and see what difficulties they will face with sponsorship given zero history in Canada. A lot of foreign education is not recognized in Canada. Many highly educated people have a lot of difficulty when they come to Canada.

bonaparte

Aug 16, 2019
Father has old citizenship card (credit card size) issued in 2002 and will apply e-certificate. The fee shown is $75. On CIT0001E form first two options need to be selected. 1) I need to replace my citizenship card. 2) I need to pass down my Canadian citizenship to my child born abroad. When we check applicable fee on IRCC website drop-down list it is confusing. It shows $530+$100 ($630) for each citizenship application abroad (in Pakistan) for person above 18 years. Since the children ages are 26, 28, 33, 35 will the fee be $630 per child for citizenship certificate or just $75 each as they're already Canadian from one parent. Thanks for help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Father has old citizenship card (credit card size) issued in 2002 and will apply e-certificate. The fee shown is $75. On CIT0001E form first two options need to be selected. 1) I need to replace my citizenship card. 2) I need to pass down my Canadian citizenship to my child born abroad. When we check applicable fee on IRCC website drop-down list it is confusing. It shows $530+$100 ($630) for each citizenship application abroad (in Pakistan) for person above 18 years. Since the children ages are 26, 28, 33, 35 will the fee be $630 per child for citizenship certificate or just $75 each as they're already Canadian from one parent. Thanks for help.
It's important to be clear that they are not applying for 'citizenship' but a certificate of citizenship, so $75 each. (Difference is that they are citizens by descent - i.e. from birth - so they are not applying for a grant of citizenship. They're applying to prove that they are citizens. )

I don't know how easily this links to the payment system (i.e. whether it will show the right amount).

But note: each of the children (adults) should be filling out one of these forms, separately. (If the father wants to replace his citizenship certificate - card style - with the new electronic one, that's fine - another separate app).

They should each (except for father) be selecting the option "I never had a citizenship certificate and I was born outside Canada to a Canadian parent who was born in Canada or naturalized in Canada before I was born; I wasn’t adopted by my Canadian parent"

The father should indeed choose 'I need to replace ... '.

The selection 'I want to pass down my Cdn citizenship to child born abroad' is for parents applying on behalf of minors.

You may want to check in the citizenship sub-forum here- I'm pretty sure this is correct but do check.

Separate q/comment: do you know how soon/how quickly each of the children want/need to get the Canadian passport? If they want to apply soonest they should keep a copy of this application. After that they can check with high commission if it's possible (and under what circumstances) to get temporary passport - keep in mind they may refuse to do so unless travel reasons are urgent or with other restrictions.

bonaparte

Aug 16, 2019
It's important to be clear that they are not applying for 'citizenship' but a certificate of citizenship, so $75 each. (Difference is that they are citizens by descent - i.e. from birth - so they are not applying for a grant of citizenship. They're applying to prove that they are citizens. )

I don't know how easily this links to the payment system (i.e. whether it will show the right amount).

But note: each of the children (adults) should be filling out one of these forms, separately. (If the father wants to replace his citizenship certificate - card style - with the new electronic one, that's fine - another separate app).

They should each (except for father) be selecting the option "I never had a citizenship certificate and I was born outside Canada to a Canadian parent who was born in Canada or naturalized in Canada before I was born; I wasn’t adopted by my Canadian parent"

The father should indeed choose 'I need to replace ... '.

The selection 'I want to pass down my Cdn citizenship to child born abroad' is for parents applying on behalf of minors.

You may want to check in the citizenship sub-forum here- I'm pretty sure this is correct but do check.

Separate q/comment: do you know how soon/how quickly each of the children want/need to get the Canadian passport? If they want to apply soonest they should keep a copy of this application. After that they can check with high commission if it's possible (and under what circumstances) to get temporary passport - keep in mind they may refuse to do so unless travel reasons are urgent or with other restrictions.
Thanks for a comprehensive answer. So kind of you.

Reactions: armoured