+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship Application CIT0002E - Question 11

Lutster

Dec 19, 2017
Hi all!
I have a few questions regarding Question 11 on the citizenship application for adults.
It mentions that we include "what we have been doing during our eligibility period, inside and outside Canada", without leaving any gaps.

1) If I include a period from 2013 - 2016 as being in high school (in which I was), I had also been on vacation during the summers of that time. Do I need to list those vacations periods here? If yes, what do I fill in for contact info?

2) Also, transitioning from high school to university, between 2016 June and 2016 September, do I have to include that little period in as well (as being on vacation I guess)?

3) Do I need to list any vacations as well in general, up to date?

4) There is a spot where we put down "Where we were physically located". Is that our home address or the address of where we worked/studied (the address of my school or university for example)? This part confuses me.

Thank you!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi all!
I have a few questions regarding Question 11 on the citizenship application for adults.
It mentions that we include "what we have been doing during our eligibility period, inside and outside Canada", without leaving any gaps.

1) If I include a period from 2013 - 2016 as being in high school (in which I was), I had also been on vacation during the summers of that time. Do I need to list those vacations periods here? If yes, what do I fill in for contact info?

2) Also, transitioning from high school to university, between 2016 June and 2016 September, do I have to include that little period in as well (as being on vacation I guess)?

3) Do I need to list any vacations as well in general, up to date?

4) There is a spot where we put down "Where we were physically located". Is that our home address or the address of where we worked/studied (the address of my school or university for example)? This part confuses me.

Thank you!
1) IMO, vacations do not need to be listed on Q11. Vacations outside Canada are covered in your physical presence calculator. However, if you were on summer break and were not enrolled in school, nor were you working, then mention exactly that
2) There should be NO gaps in that table. Every month needs to be accounted for.
3) All vacations outside Canada go on the physical presence calculator
4) Address where you worked/studied. Home address is covered in another question (IIRC, the question before this)

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi there,
Regarding Q11,
I was outside Canada for six months what should I fill out in the field “where were you physically located? “ the address of the where the vacation was?

For the “name of employer” probably I sould put unemployed.
Do I need to write “on Vacation” on any of these tabs?

2. On another occasion, I went out of Canada for 6 weeks but that was a leave of absence without pay from my employer. How do I put this in the table? “Physically Located” /“City” / “Country” and Should I put the name of my company during this vacation period, including copanys contact details?

Kindly help please,

Thanks alot

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Hi,

I am hoping to submit my application before end of this week. in Question 11: I will write down 5 months as unemployed. During unemployment do I need to provide contact name or email address? or just write 'NA'? should I list my home address in Canada while I was unemployed ?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi,

I am hoping to submit my application before end of this week. in Question 11: I will write down 5 months as unemployed. During unemployment do I need to provide contact name or email address? or just write 'NA'? should I list my home address in Canada while I was unemployed ?
List your home address. You can't list a contact for periods of unemployment obviously.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi there,
Regarding Q11,
I was outside Canada for six months what should I fill out in the field “where were you physically located? “ the address of the where the vacation was?

For the “name of employer” probably I sould put unemployed.
Do I need to write “on Vacation” on any of these tabs?

2. On another occasion, I went out of Canada for 6 weeks but that was a leave of absence without pay from my employer. How do I put this in the table? “Physically Located” /“City” / “Country” and Should I put the name of my company during this vacation period, including copanys contact details?

Kindly help please,

Thanks alot
1. Were you really on vacation for six months, traveling around, living in hotels? Or did you live outside Canada for that period of time, e.g. in your home country with friends/family.
Note that there is no rule how long or short a vacation can be, but a six month "vacation" might raise eyebrows. Obviously, you can only be on vacation if you are taking time off from something else. E.g. if a job is waiting for you when you get back, or you took a term off during school etc.
If this really was just a vacation, then you don't need to list this in Q11 at at all. Instead you list whatever your primary activity was (e.g. college student) with the appropriate Canadian address. If you don't have a Canadian address for your main activity for that time period, well then it wasn't a vacation in the first place.
Absences due to vacations are only listed in the physical presence calculator.

If it was not a vacation, explain what you did, if necessary on a separate sheet. And list the adress of where you stayed during that time. Note, however, that this must work with your address history in 10(a). For example, you can't write a Canadian home address but state that you were in, say, South Africa for six months to live with family. In fact, South Africa would also have to show up in 10(a).

2. Same as above: If it was a vacation, don't list it at all for Question 11.

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
1. Were you really on vacation for six months, traveling around, living in hotels? Or did you live outside Canada for that period of time, e.g. in your home country with friends/family.
Note that there is no rule how long or short a vacation can be, but a six month "vacation" might raise eyebrows. Obviously, you can only be on vacation if you are taking time off from something else. E.g. if a job is waiting for you when you get back, or you took a term off during school etc.
If this really was just a vacation, then you don't need to list this in Q11 at at all. Instead you list whatever your primary activity was (e.g. college student) with the appropriate Canadian address. If you don't have a Canadian address for your main activity for that time period, well then it wasn't a vacation in the first place.
Absences due to vacations are only listed in the physical presence calculator.

If it was not a vacation, explain what you did, if necessary on a separate sheet. And list the adress of where you stayed during that time. Note, however, that this must work with your address history in 10(a). For example, you can't write a Canadian home address but state that you were in, say, South Africa for six months to live with family. In fact, South Africa would also have to show up in 10(a).

2. Same as above: If it was a vacation, don't list it at all for Question 11.

Thanks a lot for clarifying!

I should not put it as vacation, I was visiting my parents back home. So I have to list it in 11 as
Name of Employer: N/A
physically located: back home address,
City and Country: Back Home,
Ph#N/A,
Email: N/A

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks a lot for clarifying!

I should not put it as vacation, I was visiting my parents back home. So I have to list it in 11 as
Name of Employer: N/A
physically located: back home address,
City and Country: Back Home,
Ph#N/A,
Email: N/A
Sounds good just make sure that this all agrees with what you write in your list of home addresses, i.e. compare 10a and 11.