+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizen stay in the US more than 3 months?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
links18 said:
I believe you, but I am not sure there is a legal or regulatory basis to share this information at this time. I might just order my records and if there is sharing going on already--you can bet I will take it to the top. Perhaps since the hold-up is on the Canadian side, Canada is getting US entry info but not vice versa?
Quite frankly, I really don't care whether US shared my US entrance to Canada or not. I think it may have been a mistake on US's part considering that Canadians/Americans are not part of the sharing of record keeping as of yet. In any case, Canada should be tracking exit records anyway. If Canada happened to get my US entrance from US as a exit record, so be it.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
screech339 said:
Quite frankly, I really don't care whether US shared my US entrance to Canada or not. I think it may have been a mistake on US's part considering that Canadians/Americans are not part of the sharing of record keeping as of yet. In any case, Canada should be tracking exit records anyway. If Canada happened to get my US entrance from US as a exit record, so be it.
That's fine that you are OK with it; many people don't care. I personally value my privacy and many people will hear about it if I determine my records have been shared without legal authorization. Is that going to change anything? Probably not, but I will sleep better knowing I spoke up about it.