+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizen in Manila, trying to get Filipina partner and our son home

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was referring to China's travel ban to Taiwan that was put in place last summer. Pre-COVID, there was already a travel ban in place limiting travel from China to Taiwan.
Yes, but that's only for mainlanders. Residents of Hong Kong and Macau can still travel to Taiwan unrestricted pre-covid. They are considered Chinese as well. Some pro democracy activist in Hong Kong went there during that time too.

YVR-MNL

Apr 3, 2020
We are in that situation ourselves, stuck in MNL now, BI wouldn't let my wife and son last Friday. Can't go to Canada, can't go home to Antique. We have written letters to BI, DFA and the CDN embassy trying for an exemption. I'll let you know if we make any progress.
@Canada2020eh

Just curious if you had heard back re: an exemption yet?

Cheers

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
@Canada2020eh

Just curious if you had heard back re: an exemption yet?

Cheers
We made it to Canada a few days ago but not from getting an exemption. None of the PH agencies were very helpful. CDN embassy looked at their PR file last week after I had made an inquiry and told them our situation. The PR was already approved so they said to go in and get the passports stamped and their COPR. They considered our situation as an emergency since we were stuck in MNL with no place to go. So they waived the restriction of us having the COPR issued after March 18. Flights and travel went as planned for a change., processing through Immigration was uneventful. We are doing our self quarantine now.

It's great to be home!! Have you made any progress?

Reactions: bellaluna