+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen Child

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi Friends,

my son was born in Canada, and he is canadian citizen. I got ITA with spouse. I am applying for PR, what should I do?
should I accompany child or unaccompany??

Reactions: orion06

Sinan Biyik

Jun 13, 2021
Istanbul
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Shahid. I got the same issue. Did you mark accompanying or un-accompanying? Many thanks!

I hope that you got the PR!

dxb_GTS_WP

Dec 31, 2021
Hi Shahidmustafa197, Hi Sinan Biyik,

Am applying now in March 2023, and I have Canadian born baby just like you guys.
Have included baby as 'Un-accompanying' too.

Could you please update me how your application resulted as you were way ahead of me?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I have twin boys who were born in Canada and I got COPR Jan 24, 2023 (PNP). In the application I selected unaccompanied. However, there are other areas in the application where you are required to declare dependents and/or children. I Also submitted their birth certificates as proof of Canadian citizenship. In the letter of explanation I pointed out that they were citizens hence not listed as accompanying children for PR application. The entire process was completed and I was never asked about the twins.

dxb_GTS_WP

Dec 31, 2021
I have twin boys who were born in Canada and I got COPR Jan 24, 2023 (PNP). In the application I selected unaccompanied. However, there are other areas in the application where you are required to declare dependents and/or children. I Also submitted their birth certificates as proof of Canadian citizenship. In the letter of explanation I pointed out that they were citizens hence not listed as accompanying children for PR application. The entire process was completed and I was never asked about the twins.
Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, have explained it and provided passport & birth certificate.

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Hi Shahidmustafa197, Hi Sinan Biyik,

Am applying now in March 2023, and I have Canadian born baby just like you guys.
Have included baby as 'Un-accompanying' too.

Could you please update me how your application resulted as you were way ahead of me?
Mentioning my experience too as I have a daughter, Canadian citizen so mentioned her as an unaccompanying minor and submitted her PP and birth certificate. The application got approved and it didn't come out to be an issue

Reactions: dxb_GTS_WP

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Were you asked for medical for your Canadian children ? and if yes did you just mention in the LOE that they do not need one ?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Were you asked for medical for your Canadian children ? and if yes did you just mention in the LOE that they do not need one ?
No, you do not need to provide medical for Canadian born children. Plus my Twins were under 2yrs old so a medical was simply out of the question.

Reactions: Sarah1980