+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen and Canadian PR visiting from the U.S. (Covid-19)

patrick91

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
Hi, I'm a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport living in the U.S. My wife is a U.S. citizen with a valid Canadian PR card also living in the U.S. Her permanent residency in Canada is still valid and we have a letter from IRCC indicating it's still valid.

We'll be visiting Canada in October and I'm a little confused about the Covid testing requirements. My understanding is that we need to use ArriveCAN to upload our documents, do a Covid test with a negative result 72 hours before we travel, and we should be good? I'm also not 100% sure about the requirements for returning to the U.S. Do we just need to do another test after we get back? Any clarification would be so helpful. Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport living in the U.S. My wife is a U.S. citizen with a valid Canadian PR card also living in the U.S. Her permanent residency in Canada is still valid and we have a letter from IRCC indicating it's still valid.

We'll be visiting Canada in October and I'm a little confused about the Covid testing requirements. My understanding is that we need to use ArriveCAN to upload our documents, do a Covid test with a negative result 72 hours before we travel, and we should be good? I'm also not 100% sure about the requirements for returning to the U.S. Do we just need to do another test after we get back? Any clarification would be so helpful. Thanks!
All is good (upload proof of vaccinations to the arrivecan app) for entering Canada. For the returning to the US, can you ask the CBP for details?

patrick91

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
All is good (upload proof of vaccinations to the arrivecan app) for entering Canada. For the returning to the US, can you ask the CBP for details?
Cool, thanks for confirming the Canadian part! I'll check with CBP regarding the return.