+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Certificate of Identity

Canada514

May 21, 2016
As far as I remember Cuba does not accept it. I could never find an answer about using the COI for US visa. But I think it is possible to get a US visa using the COI
I heard that you can travel to cuba by only the PR card+ valid passport
And I think the COI is consideredas a passport?
Any recommendations plz
I'm waiting my COI and I plan to travel this summer.

Bris03

Jan 12, 2020
As far as I remember Cuba does not accept it. I could never find an answer about using the COI for US visa. But I think it is possible to get a US visa using the COI
hi.
could you pls tell me which countries in europe or south east asia accept canadian certificate of identity pls?

Heritier

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for the reply, I did receive the document and found out that a few European countries do not recognize or do not know what the document is. My recommendation unless you are sure you can use it for something specific the document is not worth the money
Hello, i also have a Certificate of Identity. I'm planing to travel to Mexico. Can you share your experience? Any country you traveled to with the COI ??

Heritier

Jun 24, 2018
Hello,

I am in the process of getting a COI. I contacted the Dominican embassy and they said idly is a valid document. I am just concerned the airport staff or airline member will give me a hard time. Any advise regarding the use of this document? You mentioned “no country accepts it”. What did you mean by that? I thank you for your help.
Hi, can you please share your experience with your Certificate of Identity? I also have a coi and i want to travel to Mexico.

mariasosa

Jun 3, 2021
Hi friends. I have just received my PR card and have plan to travel to a country near my home country to see my family, would you plese tell me which document should I apply for? and does any one has experience to receive travel document during pandemic?
thanks for your help