+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian born child application confusion

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all

I am currently filling my application . i have 2 children , my second was born in Canada .
He is 6 months old
When filling the application do i add him and select accompanying , then upload his birth certificate and a letter of explanation to indicate that he was born in canada Or is there another way.

Also they have asked me to provide them with a proof of medical exam > arent canadian borns exempt from this

Another question : Are canadian born children provided with a UCI or is it strictly for non canadians . Because in the application they asked for his UCI but couldnt locate it

Thanks

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h2omd said:
hi all

I am currently filling my application . i have 2 children , my second was born in Canada .
He is 6 months old
When filling the application do i add him and select accompanying , then upload his birth certificate and a letter of explanation to indicate that he was born in canada Or is there another way.

Also they have asked me to provide them with a proof of medical exam > arent canadian borns exempt from this

Another question : Are canadian born children provided with a UCI or is it strictly for non canadians . Because in the application they asked for his UCI but couldnt locate it

Thanks
Canadian children don't need a medical exam or UCI. I believe most parents find it most effective to say the child is non-accompanying (as he is not immigrating) and then upload a birth certificate and letter of explanation to prove his citizenship.

No matter what you do, proving his Canadian citizenship with his birth certificate will resolve the situation.

foreigngirl

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Canadian children don't need a medical exam or UCI. I believe most parents find it most effective to say the child is non-accompanying (as he is not immigrating) and then upload a birth certificate and letter of explanation to prove his citizenship.

No matter what you do, proving his Canadian citizenship with his birth certificate will resolve the situation.
I did exactly this.

tviloria

May 15, 2015
Hi there, my situation is that I'm a Canadian born citizen. My wife is a Filipino born citizen. We have a child together who was born in the Philippines and is of dual filo and Canadian citizen from me being naturally born candian. For the sponsorship of my wife do we need to include a medical examination of my son?

Sandeep5510

Jun 17, 2015
h2omd said:
hi all

He is 6 months old

Thanks
You donot have to include ur son into application so he is not accompanying you but in next question they gonna ask you why so just right he is a Canadian citizen. If you include him u have to pay the application fees for him too. They ll ask u for his birth certificate, passport, and medical exam. You can upload the first two documents And for third one u can upload an email from cic. I have that email for my son if u need it just reply below....
Thanx....

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
Hi Dear,
I have 2 canadian born daughters and i got ITA. I included my daughters in this application so it is asking me everything including their citizenship and after that they also asking for application fees why? they are canadians. please anybody explain me should I include them in this application?

Thank You
Sanjay