+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian banks in UAE?

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Dear all

Greetings !

Used to hear about Scotia ban having a branch in UAE where you can open an account and get a credit card which will facilitate your stuff after landing (down payments etc as you will have a bank history)
Can not find its branches anywhere in UAE

Any advice?

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all

Greetings !

Used to hear about Scotia ban having a branch in UAE where you can open an account and get a credit card which will facilitate your stuff after landing (down payments etc as you will have a bank history)
Can not find its branches anywhere in UAE

Any advice?

Thanks
Why not open with non Canadian bank (such as Bank of China) where you can get almost the same thing?

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Dunno exactly but what I heard that if you have a history with Canadian bank that would make things easier for you once you land like you have been working there since long

Meylis

Oct 5, 2016
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
If you have an HSBC account in the UAE, you may open a Canadian bank account from the UAE. That's how I did it.
Can you please explain this in detail? Do you mean that if I have HSBC bank account in UAE I will be able to open a bank account with HSBC in Canada, even before getting PR?

Reactions: Suhel Hotelwala

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
If you have an HSBC account in the UAE, you may open a Canadian bank account from the UAE. That's how I did it.
That's interesting, I couldn't find anything like that on their website.
I did call them up to inquire though and they told me that for my purpose (which is transferring my savings from UAE to Canada) I could open an HSBC Flexi account, and through online banking make a transfer to any other bank account I open in Canada while I'm there.
Nothing about opening an account over there from UAE though.