+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadia student visa for llm

jazz3

Mar 9, 2011
salam all forum member plz guide me ...i want to do my llm from Canada ......i can show the 10 million pk rs bank statement ......what should necessary steps to make my self successful to obtain a student visa
thnks

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Hi. If you are from pakistan than forget it. You do not have enough funds. You need to have a minimum of around 30000 canadian dollars to show in a bank statement.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
jazz,

you meant 10 million RS= 1 Crore or 10 lac Pakistani Rupees.

clear this up.

you need 30,000 canadian dollars that is equal to Rs, 25 lac 50 Thousand Rupees.

Apart from that, you need to work on other aspects of the application as well.

Good Luck!

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

Sorry i have got my crore and lacs mixed up. If you have 10 million i.e. 1 crore in cash than you have a potentially very strong financial background. In that case your first step should be to move this money into a savings bank account i would strongly advise standard charter bank. Open 2 accounts a pak rupee account with 5 million rupees and a US dollar account with your remaining 5 million pak rupees. Do you an acceptance letter from a canadian higher education establishment? If not this will than be your second step.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Don't get caught up with money thing. It is not a sure fire way to get visa for granted. Work on other aspects of the application. For example, previous and future studies should be in line, university is better than college because of strict entry requirements and it shows your seriousness persuing your studies in Canada. Your home ties if your any one of your family members is living in canada or immigrated there , can go against you. All these tiny things needs to be sorted out. Good luck!

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

I disagree. You need a 4 month bank statement. Get this in motion now. During the next 4 months get all your other papers together.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Yes, show 4 month bank statements and bank letter. Get it in motion now if you are applying for Fall semester. However, even if you show 1 or 2 crore RS available in your bank account there is no certainty that you will get student visa. For example, if you have done bachelors in other field and going for a diploma in another field , won't make sense to VO. Also, the course availibilty in your home country.

All of these things need to have a look at not just money factor this is what I meant by "don't get caught with showing lots and lots of money or money thing".

I hope it does help.

jazz3

Mar 9, 2011
thnks for all to reply me on my issue........actualy i have only a fear of time wasting .....if i apply study visa for canada ..and its refused then its waste my time .... my previous education is llb which i have complete two and half year before ......and now i m interested to go for canada for further study .......in these days i m working on ielts ...and creating some others document ....i ahve one spouse and on baby boy here ..and my all others family ....here which show a strong ties here ......what do u think with a substantial bank statement i m eligible for visa .....as compare to uk and austrailia i here the canadain visa is difficult is it correct ...and should i take help of some visa consultant also or not ...
regards
eijaz hussain mehar advocate

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
jazz3 said:
thnks for all to reply me on my issue........actualy i have only a fear of time wasting .....if i apply study visa for canada ..and its refused then its waste my time .... my previous education is llb which i have complete two and half year before ......and now i m interested to go for canada for further study .......in these days i m working on ielts ...and creating some others document ....i ahve one spouse and on baby boy here ..and my all others family ....here which show a strong ties here ......what do u think with a substantial bank statement i m eligible for visa .....as compare to uk and austrailia i here the canadain visa is difficult is it correct ...and should i take help of some visa consultant also or not ...
regards
eijaz hussain mehar advocate
AOA!!
The most important aspect for me other than the cost of the visa and getting all the documents ready is the possible outcome that the visa is refused. The reason this is so important is that it is like a black mark for all your future visa applications. The question you will come across on all visa forms is have you ever been denied a visa for any country? And a failed application will always go against you from then on.

Regarding your financial position, again it is very strong if you are serious about applying to canada as a student than you should go ahead and do as i have advised now.

"Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies, regardless of the duration of the course or program of studies in which they are enrolled." You will have far in excess of this amount to show.

Since you have family my other advice to you would be to open a third account in pak rupees in your wifes name and deposit several lak rupees in the account and explain to the VO that this money you have put to one side for your wife and childs living expenses whilst you are studying in Canada.

I hope the advice helps.

Allah Hafiz

jazz3

Mar 9, 2011
salam
thnks a lot for advicde me macthepak in ths regards ......no doubt its also a gud point which u have raised ........i will also working in ths regard .....actualy ths amount is in my father account ...and i think half of amount i ll put in my account ...and half still remain in my father account ...can ths is a supporting document for me ....and i argue before visa officer that my father is duty bound to fullfil all the expenses of my family in my absense ..others issue is whats a general trend of embassy on a gud case they grant visa or not ?
regards

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

For me to help you further i need answers to the following questions. What year did you complete your LLB? How many years bar experience do you have? What subject in LLM will you be studying? How many institutes in pakistan offer LLM in the subject you want to study?

jazz3

Mar 9, 2011
i have passed my llb in 2008 feb ...in pakuistan 2 or 3 public sector universties and some of 2 private sector universties offer this course .........i want to do llm in ineternational law or coorporate law ...and i think in coorporate law the only one uni islamic interbnational uni offer this course ....and in international law i dnt think any uni offer this course..some of my friend suggest me to do llm from new zeeland or austrailia ..they say it quite easy tro get student visa of these countries plz whast ur comments on this issue
thnks

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

Sincer graduation in a 2008 what have you been doing? Do you have your practice license for the high court?